Tech Area > Knowledge Base Articles, Submissions, and Comments

Hydroboost Conversion

<< < (2/7) > >>

TexasT:
I'm not sure on the vac pedal. This is one of the reasons I chose to go with the hydroboost so I wouldn't have to locate and purchase a vac pedal. Not hard to locate but just another hassle I didn't want to undertake.

1KWIKSIX:
 Believe you are correct Dave......doin g the conversion, the HB system requires the use of the brake pedal from the PM system.

TexasT:
I guess I didn't understand the question. Yes Hydroboost and Powermaster use the same pedal. Vac is different.

Thanks for clarifying 1kwicksix

TurboCajun:
does anyone have a diagram of the connections or routing, I am working on an 84 with hydroboost and converting to 87 setup and want to keep the hydro. but I need to know how to tap in the lines

TexasT:
I guess I am unclear. You already have it on your car, right? Are you changing power steering pumps while upgrading to the 87 stuff? Surely the steering box is staying and so is the hydroboost unit.

If swapping in the 87 pump you will need the 87 reservoir.

I don't have a diagram but I believe the pump has a pressure line that goes to the hydroboost, then the hydroboost has a pressure line to the steering box.
The steering box and the hydroboost have drain back(low pressure hoses) to the reservoir(they are tee'd).
And the reservoir has a line to the pump to complete the circuit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version