Author Topic: Dear AT&T,  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Dear AT&T,
« on: December 06 2015, 12:15:46 AM »
I'm sorry that I live in a country area where you only provide dial up service, and I'm sorry that living out in the boonies causes issues with phone lines. Since I live out here by choice and you feel that providing decent phone service out here is an inconvenience for your company, as well as costly, I feel that I should state that this is the United States of America, not a third world country. If it was a third world country I might actually get a reduced rate for the crappy service that you offer out here. I'm only 10 miles between 2 small towns, and both them have better service than I do. For the last couple of days your service has been dropping the line constantly and I even got a baud speed of 9.6. WTF is that about? I can't connect properly and even had your service say that the phone number in question was disconnected. How the hell can a number that has been in service for well over a decade be out of service one minute and working the next? Do you want to get rid of the the dial up service? Are those of us that live in the boonies that much trouble to service? We even have fiber optics less than 200 yards from my residence, but you won't extend them across highway 22 for those of us that live west of it, even though the ones near IH 35 can get it? I know this is just raving and ranting at unseen entity and will have no effect but I needed to post this on a public forum in hopes that you might see this and correct it so all those that live in non-remote locations can get decent service.Thank you,Charlie FriersonReside nt of Hill County Texas.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Dear AT&T,
« Reply #1 on: December 06 2015, 01:17:30 AM »
I quit their mobile service and the uverse tv as they just couldn't get the money under control. Net flicks and T mobile have stepped up to take my money for their services. T mobile got me unlimited on four lines for $20 less a month than att was charging for three lines that had one unlimited and two that had to share 10 GB of data.
Netflix comes out quite a bit cheaper than paying for tv.
Good all the way around for me.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06 2015, 02:05:07 AM »
I had a problem with Bell years ago. The internet service would speed up/slowdown/cutout. A tech came out to the house and said the lines were the original from when the subdivision was built back in the 50's...and the only way to improve my service was to replace all the lines outside on the street. I thanked him for being honest and immediately went to cable service.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06 2015, 06:55:07 PM »
That is horrible!  But the baud speed cracked me up!  I remember phoning a government examiner because an exam I wrote was in a poorly lit gym.  I told the woman that I have been to social's(drinking parties) usually in halls or gyms with more light.  She laughed and I said, "I'm serious!!!"

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06 2015, 10:29:16 PM »
Does anyone live on the fiber side of the highway? Order service into there and pop in a wifi router?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
All the major carriers want to get rid of copper service. The infrastructure for copper is just getting old and no one wants to step up and fix it.

Doing a quick google search it looks like there are carriers that offer wireless service. While wireless isn't ideal it'd be better than dial up.

http://www.texasdata.net/
http://hillcountryweb.com/
http://www.hctc.net/en/home.html

IhaveaV8

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
I remember when I upgraded from 2.4 to 9.6, ...man, that green ascii text just flew across the screen.
 :)

Once all the tubes had warmed up

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07 2015, 03:39:30 PM »
The funny and sad part is getting any service out here, and I'm not that far in the country. hey even crossed the river about 1/2 south of me so the cable's on my side. Everything they do is geared towards large town/cities and the little guy gets screwed with service. :013:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07 2015, 06:45:55 PM »
The irony seems, in PA, DISH says to adjust toward Texas.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07 2015, 07:04:09 PM »
The funny and sad part is getting any service out here, and I'm not that far in the country. hey even crossed the river about 1/2 south of me so the cable's on my side. Everything they do is geared towards large town/cities and the little guy gets screwed with service. :013:

Sure ya are ya ole weed bender you. Lol
Waco ain't exactly the big city.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07 2015, 09:40:29 PM »
If service is available withing a half a mile of so you could build a RONJA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RONJA

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07 2015, 11:23:38 PM »
That's creative Dave. Thanks for the info. :rock:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal