Author Topic: XFI vs ECM  (Read 20090 times)

Offline norbs

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: XFI vs ECM
« Reply #45 on: June 07 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
ttt

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
The bottom line is you can tune it the way you want any af you want and timing........ .under any boost condition or cruising...

Yes you def have more control BUT why go to all that when ya can throw a chip in with no adjustments to it an run mid 11s.(like we did back in the 90's) . I know thats not fast to some BUT most guys have a hard time just getting there.  :cool; Your car runnin Norbs ??? If so just go out an DRIVE it.. Enjoy it. I really think your getting into this to deep. And on top of it  you (or ANYONE) will never have the fastest car out there !!!! There is ALWAYS someone faster !!  :rock:

Offline norbs

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09 2012, 11:49:57 AM »
I am waiting on some parts 8s' does not come cheap and takes time  to get it sorted out.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
I am waiting on some parts 8s' does not come cheap and takes time  to get it sorted out.

Hell with the 8's.. what about runnin 9's ???  :chin: You must be RICH !!!! :rock:

Offline norbs

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09 2012, 07:58:05 PM »
I need to bypass the 9s; I know it won;t be easy, but even an 8.99 will be good enough to get banned for a long time.

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #50 on: June 12 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
TSO...TSM guys running 8's all day....you have been trying to get to a # for 5 years....lol maybe if your car did not weigh 5000# you might get there

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #51 on: June 12 2012, 08:49:56 PM »
Norbs is like me...except he is a lot smarter than me cause I got the looks.

But, he likes the tech stuff.  If I buy a camera, I buy one with every bell and whistle known to man at that time.  Same with electronics, etc.  After the first week, I use the power button mainly.  I like the technical aspect of things, and I like learning stuff.  Most of the time I advise people just the opposite of what I might buy because I am experienced enuf to know the bells and whistles are not going to improve my actual performance, but having them makes me happy.

After a rough start, I became good friends with Bruce Plecan because he was really into the theory of things.  I often did not agree with him, but, like Norbs, he was a lot smarter than me and I really enjoyed our discussions.  I still regret that he passed.  He was planning a road trip and was coming to visit me the spring he died.

Sean is right.  If Norbs would stop using his Mini-Me (Brad) as ballast, he would pick up a couple of tenths.

Remember when Lawrence was making 1700 hp, or whatever it was, and running so damn quick?  An old DFI fuel management, stock ignition, and a power glide.  The converter made, or broke him, on any given day.   Today, he would be laughed off the track because we all know that combo will not work.  I forget what it weighed, but, it was not 5000 lbs :D

I suggest to not be too hard on Norbs cause he is faster than most of us when it is running!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal