Author Topic: factory tach/boost unit  (Read 4964 times)

Offline channer

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: factory tach/boost unit
« Reply #15 on: September 30 2019, 08:29:40 PM »
I have one of Eric's chip, 50lb injectors and a upgrade fuel pump.

I checked with my friend that built the motor many years back!!! he did say the motor need to come out... so I really doubt if the head stud has the allen key end.

I have figured if it is bad head gasket or something else.  for the last 2 years when I bring the car out from storage, I notice water in the pan... so I drain the pan, put in new oil & GM's rad pill/leak fix.   I let it run for a while and drain the pan.  The first change over, the oil looks like chocolate milk.  I do this a couple of time until the oil looks like oil.    I have done 2 oil change since... and no sign of antifreeze or leak.  I guess those GM rad pills for... for a season. 

I guess over the winter, the antifreeze slowly leaks into the motor.  I hope it is head gasket... but I fear the worse.. like a crack block or something.  Unfortunately, I don't have garage space to do work!!!!

And now for my next dilemma, my 2009 GMC Sierra is in for a motor rebuild.  I thought is was the dreaded bad lifters... but the dealership said something happen to the bottom end.... that is $8000. 

dave

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30 2019, 08:46:40 PM »
Block will be fine as long as your antifreeze is up to snuff. Hit the wreckers for another engine for the truck. It'll be the cheaper way out.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30 2019, 08:49:53 PM »
Garage space...what's that. I do it right in the driveway. My neighbours love me. Yamaha receiver blasting the tunes...air compressor running...beer drinking...swe aring. Oh hell yeah!!!
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal