Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks.  That place is on the north end, a pretty long haul for me, and considering I can get a new tank for $200 give or take, not the choice I'm making today.  I called around me, no one seems to be interested in cleaning.  That is ok, I'm excited to try hydrolysis and all I'm trying to do is get it started before I make bigger decisions. 
Yep, I've got a pump from full throttle and from racetronix pulled up.  I note the racetronix ones say they are e85 friendly, while the tpi/walbro ones do not.  Seems likely they would be, but they call it out on their bigger models

I'll take some pictures.  Finding tsp took 3 stops
There are some companies that specialize in cleaning out fuel tanks.  I believe they use something to line them with after getting them clean to prevent the rust from reappearing.  I know there is one near Houston.

I am with Ed, nothing special required with the pump.  I would check with Cotton or Mike Licht.
Electrolysis works ok for very mild surface rust. But after if not treated it will rust even more and faster.
Used to use a product called Kreem coat on motorcycle tanks. Its a 3 part system that lines the tank and works great. Not sure how cost effective it is on a 18 gal tank since it's costs about $40 to treat a 5gal tank.  New Buick tanks are around  $125.
The Walbro pumps you mentioned are all about the same rating. Only difference it the inlet how the sock sets up. All are good for around 500hp. Not sure what the new flavors are these days since Walbro are old school but work great.
General Buick Tech / Fuel tank and pump, electrolysis on tank? New pump?
« Last post by slojim on April 17 2024, 09:56:23 PM »
Haven't started the gn in too long.  I tried this week, but I didn't get any fuel.  My tank has a little rust inside, not too bad.  It's the original tank with the plastic baffle.  I'm thinking of trying electrolysis inside the tank while I have it out.  Anybody ever try that?
I need a new fuel pump.  The old one was a walbro gss242, 190lph.  They seem to be obsolete, I can upsize to a gss340gen3 or a racetronix 255lph.  I have an fpr and a hot wire kit long installed. I've never touched the return line and I didn't think the 255lph size needs that.  The sender is ok and I don't plan to replace anything extra until I know the car starts.  Am I missing anything?
General Buick Tech / Re: Update on future build
« Last post by phil_long on April 10 2024, 10:09:20 AM »
I'll look it over again and verify  :rock:
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 09 2024, 11:31:35 AM »
Make sure it's actually coming from the valve cover and not the back corner of the intake manifold
« Last post by phil_long on April 08 2024, 10:31:29 AM »
I have an oil leak on the rear driver's side valve cover that's driving me crazy. I'm running the good felpros everyone recommended but maybe I didnt torque the bolts properly? Idk. Anywho, my goal is to get the car driving under normal conditions before I get the tranny work done. I don't plan on running it hard anyway the first few oil changes so my rebuilt stock tranny will be ok for now. I have to put the hood back on as well. Once I find an ideal place to mount this remote cooler, I'll see about getting a video of the first drive. I have to so much to do it seems as the new exhaust I bought for it needs to get buttoned up. The list continues
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 07 2024, 08:20:52 PM »
Onward and maybe sideways :icon_fU:
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by nocooler on April 07 2024, 03:57:18 PM »
I had enough hose fittings laying around to replace the main lines and test.
My floor is dry after 24 hours!
 The rest of my fittings will be here Tuesday hopefully I can put this saga behind me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal