Author Topic: The Morning Megadeth report  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
The Morning Megadeth report
« on: September 12 2006, 04:01:12 PM »
I went to see Gigantour on Sunday at the Vomit Pavilion. I have renamed the venue in honor of Vomit Man (perhaps you recall that story?).

Gigantour is Dave Mustaine's answer to Ozz Fest. I did not go for the whole day, too hot and I didn't really care to see the Micro Bands earlier in the day. I am there to see Megadeth and that's it.

When I walked in from the VIP lounge (1st Class all the way) Overkill was on stage. I thoought they were pretty good. The singer has some stage presence and a voice that I can understand (this will be important later). The music was good.

Next up was Arch Enemy. They come out playing 120 mph speed metal and I hear this flame thower voice grunting like no other. Turns out it's a female singer growling like a man! She was somewhat attractive, but I could not understand a single thing she was singing! The music was uninspired and sounded all the same. Not high on my list, although I would like to see her naked.

Opeth (sounds like your saying it with a lisp, doesn't it?) came out and played four songs in their 45 minute set. NO stage presence at all. They would turn their backs on us between songs and talk among themselves. How rude. They had these long plodding tunes that I thought would never end. Will not be buying any of their records anytime soon. They sounded like they were trying to combine the technical virtuosity of someone like Dream Theater with Death Metal. Didn't work.

Lamb of God was up next. This is a poor man's Pantera. Guitar work was speed metal with solos that left me hanging. I was really waiting for this Pantera cover band to leave. I could not understand a sinlge grunt that was coming through the PA.

Finally! Megadave comes out! They put on a good show. Straight forward jamming with bits of Mustaine sarcasm mixed in for good measure. They played the songs that the whole world sings and played them well. Another great show from Megadeth, but then I am partial.  :supz:  :rock:
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: The Morning Megadeth report
« Reply #1 on: September 12 2006, 07:11:04 PM »
I've only seen Megadeth in concert once - and they sucked.. hard. Mustaine was shitfaced, and I was really high, so that may have been an issue. :)
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

DCEPTCN

« Reply #2 on: September 12 2006, 07:29:17 PM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:01 pm"
Lamb of God was up next. This is a poor man's Pantera. Guitar work was speed metal with solos that left me hanging. I was really waiting for this Pantera cover band to leave. I could not understand a sinlge grunt that was coming through the PA.
First off, it's called The Dawn Patrol, asswipe. Go say 600 Hail Marys and listen to Rust In Peace for the rest of the day. Second of all, you are now on probation for what you have dared say about Lamb Of God....they rule, oldtimer!

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12 2006, 08:01:56 PM »
Im sorry, but I saw Megadeth a long time ago and Mustaine was shitfaced so bad you could not even understand him and he was barely walking.  It was a Bad show alltogether... ......maybe I should of drank more and maybe he would of sounded better.  I thought I heard he dried out.
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12 2006, 09:59:13 PM »
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm"
Im sorry, but I saw Megadeth a long time ago and Mustaine was shitfaced so bad you could not even understand him and he was barely walking.
Rob

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12 2006, 10:11:18 PM »
Quote from: "Recklessrob @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:59 pm"
Quote from: "TSM Girl @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm"
Im sorry, but I saw Megadeth a long time ago and Mustaine was shitfaced so bad you could not even understand him and he was barely walking.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12 2006, 11:06:30 PM »
Yeah, Mustaine is born again and travels with a minister. He has been coherent the last few times I have seen them.

About half the bands I have seen have been wasted at one time or another. No biggie.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12 2006, 11:09:43 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:29 pm"
First off, it's called The Dawn Patrol, asswipe. Go say 600 Hail Marys and listen to Rust In Peace for the rest of the day. Second of all, you are now on probation for what you have dared say about Lamb Of God....they rule, oldtimer!
WTF are you talking about? Dawn Patrol? Isn't a Night Ranger album or something? In fact I have been listening to all Megadeth since hearing that one trick pony called Lamb of God just to cleanse my auditory palate.

WAR OLD GUYS!  :finga:
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12 2006, 11:28:46 PM »
Holy Crap! did not know about the religion and the Minister :bigeyes;
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13 2006, 08:57:34 AM »
The last time I saw MegaDeath they opened up for DIO circa 1987.  Now that was a show to remember!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13 2006, 12:48:25 PM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:06 pm"
Yeah, Mustaine is born again and travels with a minister. He has been coherent the last few times I have seen them.
Dave or the minister ?  :rofl;
Rob

DCEPTCN

« Reply #11 on: September 13 2006, 07:23:14 PM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:09 pm"
WTF are you talking about? Dawn Patrol? Isn't a Night Ranger album or something? In fact I have been listening to all Megadeth since hearing that one trick pony called Lamb of God just to cleanse my auditory palate.

WAR OLD GUYS!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal