Tech Area > Car Stereo and Electronics

6x9 rear speakers

<< < (2/3) > >>

earlbrown:

--- Quote from: Forzfed on February 08 2017, 02:33:50 PM ---I thought Nasty Wendy was the audio car installer?  Didn't know you did that too, Earl.

I have 6x9 subs and 2 8" subs in a box.  I have a set of tweeters in the back deck.  Mids in the door and tweeters in the dash.
--- End quote ---

Nasty Wendy's black. They all think they can hook up stereo and ride motorcycles. :D

/racialstereotyping     :D

Yeah, I ended up a professional installer right out of HS when I was 18.  Ended up in the Guinnis book a couple times. Doing something fun for a living really takes the fun out of it!  It was a way to finance all the motorcycles I destroyed (and buy a bunch of beers).

Back in the early/mid 90's there was a lot of g bodys, S10s, and 3rd gens running around.  I hacked 'em all up.

The worse was when Eazy E said something about a 6 fo Impala. Suddenly every 70's 8ga clunker got dragged out of the junkyard. My forearms are still sore from cuttiong out back decks by hand. On the upside there's something magical about 2 15's on the back deck of a car!  lol  :)

Sell the box and get 4 10's if you're a rock 'n roller or 2 12's if you're all about that bass with oversampled ghetto mrusic.  :)   All of it can fit on the short part of the trunk and you can amp it to the X braces to put up with the G's.

xpander343:
I starting thinking like that Steve I might as well just sell the whole car and buy a nice stereo and tv for the garage instead.

I'm gonna cut some slots and see how that goes, whats the worst that can happen? 

Forzfed:
Earl, the speakers in the car are Infinity from the early 90's.  The pro series, the tweeters are emits and the magnet's on the 8" subs are way bigger than 15" kickers.  Can't remember off hand but I thought they were 40 oz.  The subs and mids are driven by sound stream amps and the tweeters by 2 sony amps.  All this going through a sony crossover.  Not the loudest but it is very clear.

earlbrown:
I know those old school infinitys. They are bad ass.

...for what they are.

daveismissing:
 I had a tour of the GM truck plant many years ago. What struck me was that the empty cab chassis came down the line and the FIRST thing they did was install the speaker in the dash, then proceeded to build the truck around it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version