Author Topic: Heas for Xmas  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Heas for Xmas
« Reply #15 on: December 25 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
great info,thanks. Can fully ported stock irons reach the same flow #s that champ.ported irons do?   As far as losing some low end power...i felt that with the faster billet wheel spool up i've seen and the added torque from e85 as well as alittle more stall, things would work well together.

Norbs and I both have the same set of heads ported by a gentleman we know...and here's the numbers. Norbs went 10.3 at 134 on 34 PSI...and I went 11.5 at 121 on 20 PSI. As Steve says...nothing magical about Champion heads.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
The only advantage to champions is their consistancy. A really good porter can get more out of a set of heads than a CNC machine can ever do.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline grand camino

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
  thanks...this what i needed to know.I had thought that maybe being that the GN1 alumnums where a completely different casting that they started out about as big as a set of well ported irons would be.  But also that the bowl area, on GN1 alum, may be shrouded and unless you had a bigger inch bore they are not fruitful?
aka"turbocamino" 87 GN motor,trans,rear,dash. TRW+30,balanced crank and rods,max port irons+intake,cometics,212/212-500,HS1.65,6265JB,alkycontrol,stevemon.62mm T/body,JRacing 044-external,TTchips,60Lb.Motrons,RazorAlky,PTC2800L/U, NGK-PLX,GYear ssDR,3"down and out,Airbags

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal