Author Topic: Extended Vehicle Warranty  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Texas Turbo T

• Don't Mess with Texas ! ! !
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Extended Vehicle Warranty
« on: August 13 2011, 12:07:15 AM »
Man is factory warranty a G R E A T thing ! ! !

Took my SRT8 into the dealer for a factory recall on the cooling fans, they looked the car over from front to back and replaced everything they could find that was not right ! ! ! Also replaced the radiator and antifreeze.

Had some kind of noise in the front end. They replaced everything, struts, tie rod ends, all bushings, rack and pinion ! ! !

Had an a/c vent that was broken, fixed that also!

My cost, $100.00 ! ! !  :icon_super:

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Vehicle Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 13 2011, 04:23:51 AM »
Why did warranty work cost you anything?

Offline Texas Turbo T

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13 2011, 05:58:11 AM »
Why did warranty work cost you anything?

Factory "extended" warranty.

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Gotcha!!  Yes they are nice.  My Lightning is out of warranty but I did enjoy having it.  Anytime they couldn't have the truck back to me in less than 2 hours I got a free rental.  Didn't have to use it much at all but it was nice to have.  Truck is 9 years old now so factory warranty is ancient history for me.  Enjoy it while you have it.

Offline Texas Turbo T

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
Gotcha!!  Yes they are nice.  My Lightning is out of warranty but I did enjoy having it.  Anytime they couldn't have the truck back to me in less than 2 hours I got a free rental.  Didn't have to use it much at all but it was nice to have.  Truck is 9 years old now so factory warranty is ancient history for me.  Enjoy it while you have it.

Looked at a Lightning back in 2002. Ended up buying a Quad Cab Hemi. (Has more room)

They gave me a 2011 Quad Cab Hemi at no charge for a rental.

Still have 2yrs/unlimited mileage left on the SRT8! Figure I will trade it in when there is still 6 month left of warranty! :)

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
The programs that GM offers for extended warrant are expensive, and even the service member at my local GMC said that the GM and the one the dealership worked with were a PITA to work with.  He said they were always being second guessed about claims.

From a recommendation from the GMC forums I went with a company called Mercury Insurance Group (not affiliated with FOMCO or Mercury).  It gave me five years and up to 100K...I only have 33K on my '06 GMC because the only thing I use it for is to tow the Buick or if I need a P/U for some reason.  It cost me half as much as the GM extended warrant or any of the ones they were trying to sell.  I think I paid $1300. 

And I have had to use it.  The service manager couldn't believe how easy they were to work with.  He called them up about my issue with my steering gear box...and they didn't ask any questions, just gave him a CC number and paid for it.  He said anyone other company would have had a host of questions and asked for paperwork...

Offline Texas Turbo T

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13 2011, 06:51:13 PM »
The programs that GM offers for extended warrant are expensive, and even the service member at my local GMC said that the GM and the one the dealership worked with were a PITA to work with.  He said they were always being second guessed about claims.

From a recommendation from the GMC forums I went with a company called Mercury Insurance Group (not affiliated with FOMCO or Mercury).  It gave me five years and up to 100K...I only have 33K on my '06 GMC because the only thing I use it for is to tow the Buick or if I need a P/U for some reason.  It cost me half as much as the GM extended warrant or any of the ones they were trying to sell.  I think I paid $1300. 

And I have had to use it.  The service manager couldn't believe how easy they were to work with.  He called them up about my issue with my steering gear box...and they didn't ask any questions, just gave him a CC number and paid for it.  He said anyone other company would have had a host of questions and asked for paperwork...

I have had this factory extended warranty on two Chry/Dodge vehicles. Never a problem with having anything fixed. Dealer told me if it was covered under the factory warranty, it's covered under the extended, no questions asked! Do have to keep all maintenance records up to date. (as suggested by factory guidelines)

My warranty cost me about 2k. I think I have already got that much out of it already! Still have 2 years/unlimited mileage left.

Think it will help with its value also in about 1-1/2 years when I decide to sell it due to it still having factory warranty remaining on it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal