Author Topic: All our friends in Texas  (Read 4612 times)

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
Re: All our friends in Texas
« Reply #15 on: May 31 2015, 10:12:15 AM »
Lake belton is over its full pool by 8 feet.  The Leon has overflowed the north bank to the west of our place and now I have water running through the lower pasture. It will be nice to dry out for a few days
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31 2015, 02:21:56 PM »
Damn, Charlie.  I hope you had a ditchwitch!  I have been really lucky as it seems to slow down just before it hits me.  Have had some big rains in the area but right now the forecast has no rain for the next week.  Lake Ivie has gained 3 ft of water but it needs 50 more feet to be full.  None of these rains have hammered the part of the Colorado river that feeds the lake.
No ditchwitch Steve. Did it all by hand. Not a lot of fun but it's done if the heavens ever decide to open up again. :rock:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01 2015, 01:08:43 PM »
Charlie you must have One Heck of a Strong Back to move that much earth by hand!  :O
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline larrym

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01 2015, 02:34:41 PM »
I hate the goon spoon in my youth I worked for the local water works......
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01 2015, 07:14:19 PM »
Definitely a lot of work to keep the acreage producing & floods don't help! I know since I grew up in Winnipeg on the Red River & each Spring was a Crapshoot to see if the Ice would cause Flooding. We got it 1 year real bad!  Only fun was Driving Golf balls on to the icebergs as they went by!!  :rock:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal