Author Topic: Down to 2 cars now, sob, sob  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Down to 2 cars now, sob, sob
« on: July 27 2011, 11:04:53 PM »
Long time, no see:
I retired about 17 Jan of this year, will probably starve to death. Sold the vette a while back, as a daily driver I miss it, now I have to get the new '09 Cad CTS-V or the turbo Buick dirty. About 30k miles on the Buick now. 4500 miles on the Cad. Bought a new Wilson Combat .45 Classic SG a while back and a new Ed Brown Executive Target, also a .45 auto, & about $3K worth of Single Malt Scotch Whisky to keep myself slightly saturated. Life's good. At least till it catches up with me. Buick down for ceramic coating the down pipe & the factory headers & crossover. Cad getting ready for a 600 RWHP build soon. Providing that I can quit supporting my favorite SMSW liquor store for a while. Good to visit you guys again. 

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
Re: Down to 2 cars now, sob, sob
« Reply #1 on: July 27 2011, 11:51:08 PM »
Hey Gary.

What about the Blackbird?

I wouldn't even think of using the Buick as a DD or anything close to that...it's way to nice of an example.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28 2011, 08:43:31 AM »
Good to see you Gary. Wow. 30k on the TR now? :)
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 28 2011, 09:20:35 AM »
Good to see you, Gary!   Now, buy 13,000 rounds of .45 ammo and you will be well set for safe living in your retirement!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
The CTS-V will be fun to mod, but I imagine it is fast already!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
The new Caddy coupes are sexah
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Hey Gary.

What about the Blackbird?

I wouldn't even think of using the Buick as a DD or anything close to that...it's way to nice of an example.

Gordy:
Blackbird's gone. Sold about 8 months ago to a bro at work. I let him have it for $3000 cash up front.
He came and picked it up on  a trailer, took it home, went through everything, and was riding it to work a week later. Now I can get in my shed and load ammo.
Yes, the turbo Buick is a very pristine example, but this is something that I have planned on doing for several years now. I knew that I would not be able to afford 3 cars when i retired, so the vette is gone as about 4 months ago. I was just getting ready to get it detailed and put it up for work, but one day on the way from the range to look at guns, a freaking semi drove right into the back of it while we were doing 40 MPH. Even though it was his fault entirely, my insurance company gave me a hassle and I sold it to a friend of a friend for $8K as is.
Whether I like it or not, I am sharing DD duties (you know, going back & forth to old folks bingo, etc., etc.) between the Cad & the Buick. Being retired, I only go to a few places. While shopping at Wally World in early AM I bribe the lady guards  driving around the parking lot keeping an eye on the customers cars a bottle of bottled cold water to keep an eye on my cars. How's that for coverage?   

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28 2011, 10:09:14 PM »
Good to see you Gary. Wow. 30k on the TR now? :)

Good to stop by and visit, Super Six. About 30, 500 miles on it but it is as clean as ever. Shut down right now in a buddy's garage with the factory headers, cross-over pipe, & down pipe getting ceramic coated. Should be back up and running in about 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, I'm having to flog the Caddy.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
Good to see you, Gary!   Now, buy 13,000 rounds of .45 ammo and you will be well set for safe living in your retirement!

Hi, Steve, good to see you again too. Actually, I shoot about 3-4 times a week now and have 5 different .45 autos. Safe is well stocked with 2 cases (1000 rounds) of Winchester Ranger-T 230 grain   LEO ammo. And I have accumulated almost 1000 rounds of Winchester PDX-1 bonded 230 grain HP.
I load my own target ammo and always have enough cases, powder, primers, & LSWC to load about 5K rounds. If I keep practicing I will soon be able to hit the side of a barn from the inside) (small barn too)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28 2011, 10:21:27 PM »
The CTS-V will be fun to mod, but I imagine it is fast already!

Chris:
I'm hoping to see about 600 RWHP & / or RWTQ out of the Caddy. Kook's headers back to the factory muffs, 9.5" lower pulley, cold air induction kit, AlkyControl's methanol injection kit, 160˚ thermo, and a tune, maybe heads & a small cam. If I do the heads & a small cam, I should be a tad over 600. If I don't do the heads & a small cam, I will hopefully have about 560 or so RWHP. I think that I am going to have to sell blood to afford any of this. 

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
The new Caddy coupes are sexah

They are, but I went and postulated myself to buy the first, can't afford another. The sedan has grown on me. Just about the time that the Cad hands somebody their azz from a stoplight to stoplight get ogether, it makes me very proud to be an owner. There again, so does the turbo Buick.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
Say, this has been fun & I've enjoyed visiting with everybody. Good to hear from everybody. Almost time for my last love in life, a good stiff single malt scotch whisky. I'll be back. Take care in the meantime.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal