Author Topic: 2004 Yukon Denali??  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
2004 Yukon Denali??
« on: May 16 2012, 11:49:55 AM »
Anyone happen to know where the Front Compartment Heat-AC Blower Motor is located??
There is a Front & a rear but I just need the Front.
Mine is acting up but all I can tell from the engine compartment is that it's somewhere on the Passenger side? I don't see it but I can hear it??
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
Re: 2004 Yukon Denali??
« Reply #1 on: May 16 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Mine's at my wifes work.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Just wanted to entertain you while I look it up on Alldata, which verified what I thought. Remove the right side hush and it's behind the glove box. Gives .6 to change it. I hate working on my wife's car so let me know how it works out. :atbeer: :atbeer:

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
Just wanted to entertain you while I look it up on Alldata, which verified what I thought. Remove the right side hush and it's behind the glove box. Gives .6 to change it. I hate working on my wife's car so let me know how it works out. :atbeer: :atbeer:

Thanks! I'll pass it onto my mechanic because I don't really want to get into it. I also read on Rock auto the resistor behind glove box can go bad. i have no idea how to test it? Either way i see a $200 penalty shot coming my way with parts & labour.
Motor is $75ish & Resistor is $40ish so one of them needs to be fixed.
Weird that it acted up a few months back but has been fine since. It was Pouring Rain today on the Hiway so maybe the water is partly causing it?
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17 2012, 05:09:12 PM »

OK here we go again. I seem to remember the last time this happened it was also a Thunderstorm. It POURED for 20 mins while I was on the hiway. Anyways today it's all fine again? I did some reading from Rock Auto & the Ground must be Good. They have had many units sent back to find after testing it was the Ground wire.
You mentioned Hush Panel which I ASSume is the same as kick panel for our ECM? The ground from there must go to a body part or frame?? Any idea where I should look? My buddy wants to wrench on something & other than my PTE stock location intercooler that rattles when the AC is on so I figure maybe we can take a peek while the tools are out. Any ideas are much appreciatted!!
The Beer is on me if I see you at BPG! Just remind me IOU some Cold Ones!!  :atbeer: :atbeer: :atbeer:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
You're not too specific on what it's doing. Does it not work on all speeds, just high...

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17 2012, 05:51:56 PM »
Kick panel is on the side, the hush panel bolts to the underdash

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17 2012, 06:24:52 PM »
It works like it's blowing about 10% then maybe 50% yet the control is on full. If I set to med or low setting same thing. This was right after the heavy rain & it was on HI yet blew 10% As the day went on it felt like maybe 40%-50% then today it's blowing 100%? When at 10% I could hear the blower motor kick in for a second then out again. Real similar to the Buick AC until I changed the cycling switch.It was trying to work but I figured the motor was dying? I guess that the connection got bad when wet??
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17 2012, 06:35:17 PM »
The resistor has a higher failure rate than the motor.
« Last Edit: May 17 2012, 07:06:43 PM by Pyro6 »

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
The resistor has a higher failure rate than the motor.

Thanks! I was reading about them as well at Rock Auto link they have.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal