Author Topic: And vendor drama goes full retard  (Read 18157 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: And vendor drama goes full retard
« Reply #45 on: February 12 2015, 01:30:39 PM »
From a PR and business standpoint...B rian should have replaced Clays car...but I'm prolly not making any sense.

He kinda did offer that.....     Brian offered to get a car out of his yard and put Clay's VIN on it.

Needless to say Nasty Clay wasn't really down with that.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline blown1

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • send em all back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16 2015, 11:42:11 PM »
I didn't start this  post,   I did add to it. as some here are flat out lying about  what happened!
I won't  drag it out again.
but  some have shown how absurdly naive  they are,
we all have our  right to form an opinion, but base it upon FACTS, not lies.
I don't worry about what alot of you like or dislike, 
but when you damage someones reputation,  then I speak up.

on another note..... took out the LS motored regal today,6.0 LQ4, T76, 4l80e, 8lbs boost,
what an animal!! will turn up the boost , once its on the dyno,( with alky)
idles smooth, 20+ mpg, fun!

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16 2015, 11:48:04 PM »
So Blown1, what part of what was said do you think was a lie?

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17 2015, 08:07:46 AM »
When a shop owner burns a customers car while welding on it in his shop, what could possibly be the customer's fault? :rolleyes;

Not sure.  Your situation never got the attention that the ZL1 or the recent Subaru fiascos have gotten.  But I imagine it's all centered around insurance and what they will and/or will not cover.

Just from what I've read about your case a couple of things come to mind.

One, OSHA requirements for hot work are pretty clear regarding the requirements for performing hot work (welding, cutting, grinding, brazing, soldering, etc.) within 35 feet of combustible material, as well as the requirement for a fire watch with a fire watch having to remain in the area for up to 30 minutes after work has been completed to monitor for fires.

Two, you probably shouldn't have been in the shop to begin with.  I imagine their insurance probably says no customers in the shop where work is being done...but I could be wrong.

I won't comment on the situation between Clay and Brian but OSHA has nothing to do with accidents in small private shops under 10 employees.  Your rules apply to ship yards and large employers. Also the accident must be loss of life or limb and not property loss.  Now local or state may have laws that fire or building dept's set rules and do inspections. I really doubt this applies to Bethel NC.  I bet they still have a horse drawn fire engine.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17 2015, 03:47:25 PM »
I really doubt this applies to Bethel NC.  I bet they still have a horse drawn fire engine.
I LOL'd.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18 2015, 01:27:44 AM »
When a shop owner burns a customers car while welding on it in his shop, what could possibly be the customer's fault? :rolleyes;

Not sure.  Your situation never got the attention that the ZL1 or the recent Subaru fiascos have gotten.  But I imagine it's all centered around insurance and what they will and/or will not cover.

Just from what I've read about your case a couple of things come to mind.

One, OSHA requirements for hot work are pretty clear regarding the requirements for performing hot work (welding, cutting, grinding, brazing, soldering, etc.) within 35 feet of combustible material, as well as the requirement for a fire watch with a fire watch having to remain in the area for up to 30 minutes after work has been completed to monitor for fires.

Two, you probably shouldn't have been in the shop to begin with.  I imagine their insurance probably says no customers in the shop where work is being done...but I could be wrong.

I won't comment on the situation between Clay and Brian but OSHA has nothing to do with accidents in small private shops under 10 employees.  Your rules apply to ship yards and large employers. Also the accident must be loss of life or limb and not property loss.  Now local or state may have laws that fire or building dept's set rules and do inspections. I really doubt this applies to Bethel NC.  I bet they still have a horse drawn fire engine.

Actually, OSHA does.  The myth about 10 employees is only for OSHA reporting and record keeping for incidents and OSHA 300 logs as well as some limited inspection criteria.  Small businesses are just as susceptible to DOL and OSHA as much as anyone else.  And if the DOL wants, they can require any small business with 10 or less employees to report and post 300 logs. 

I'm an OSHA OTI, with a variety of different certifications and an MS in Occupational Health & Safety. 

http://www.oshalawupdate.com/2012/01/09/the-so-called-rule-of-10-a-myth-of-oshas-lack-of-jurisdiction-over-small-employers/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/is-your-small-business-ex_n_1664656.html

In this case, there were no injuries.  Does that mean they still can't be cited?  Nope.  You don't need to have to have had incurred injuries to be cited. 
« Last Edit: February 18 2015, 01:32:14 AM by gordyzx9r »

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18 2015, 08:06:45 AM »
But Brian is self employed (LLC) and exempt. If for some small loophole and he falls into a required category to report something it will fall on deaf ears.  I was also in the business and liaison for one of the largest fleets in the country. OSHA is a joke.
I remember employees trying to get them involved and only getting the runaround. It needs to be big impact stories that will get them promotions. Coal mine disasters or events on that level will get them to respond.  It's a major event for Clay and Brian but a chipped nail for govt intervention.
« Last Edit: February 18 2015, 08:16:43 AM by ULYCYC »
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19 2015, 12:39:40 AM »
But Brian is self employed (LLC) and exempt. If for some small loophole and he falls into a required category to report something it will fall on deaf ears.  I was also in the business and liaison for one of the largest fleets in the country. OSHA is a joke.
I remember employees trying to get them involved and only getting the runaround. It needs to be big impact stories that will get them promotions. Coal mine disasters or events on that level will get them to respond.  It's a major event for Clay and Brian but a chipped nail for govt intervention.

I'm not a fan by any stretch but in our industry we get visited by them regularly, and to a lesser extent DOT.  If he's a one man shop, then the self employed does apply to him directly, but not to the rest of the work force if they're exposed to unsafe working conditions.  Most OSHA visits and citations are a result of going after the low hanging fruit on a drive by.  One of the reasons fall protection standards are the most violated is because it's so easy to catch people doing it wrong..."ladder not at a 4-1 pitch or at least three feet above that edge it's resting against?  Citation(s).  Working near the leading edge of a roof without a parapet or guardrail and no fall protection?  Citation(s).  Walk into your shop, and the fire extinguishers haven't been tested in a year, storing items on shelving without load ratings posted, gas cylinders not secured from falling over, key left in forklift, operators don't have a "license", and no proof of shift inspections, etc....all easy money for them. 

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #53 on: December 18 2015, 04:14:06 AM »
SuperSix has known bweavy for a loooong time. I got a picture of them dressed like Gillilands island when Gilligans Island was the hottest show on tv. I think SS (supersix) was the skipper and bweavy was gilligan. I can trust SS's opinion.

As far as Blown1, he's definatly not Broke1 or anyone else mentioned. I got a picture of him wearing a KFC bucket on his head right before he was commited. Kidding kidding! You know I love you Lee!

Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19 2015, 12:27:06 PM »

100% agreed
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal