Author Topic: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts  (Read 73812 times)

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty Wendy's GN goes up in a ball of fire at GBodyParts
« Reply #45 on: July 31 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
If the
. It's between Clay and Brian to resolve this but there will be another thread started soon to hopefully help Clay out.
 :rock: 

So if other people than Clay and Brian start voicing their opinions in the "new" thread....are the mods gonna jump in and throwing their weight around in that one too?  :rofl:   :rock: :D

My moderating in the babes and cars section here should be the role model for how every moderator should be. 

Now....

Can you bribe me with Jagermeister or a fifth of rum chata to delete somebodys post there that you don't like?
yes.

Will I consider deleting or editing threads there if you offer me cash?
maybe.

Will I give special treatment in that section if you give me free buick parts?
most likely.

Will I delete your post or request a meeting with supasix to get you banned if you say your going to post a pic of a nude woman with a buick....and then not post it?
Absolutely!  Theres just some things you shouldn't joke about.

I think Clays decision to take pics is what is going to help him more than anything at this point, jmo.

When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Clay has done everything right and it's up to Brian to do the right thing. Will he? I sure the hell hope so, but doubt he will. :013:  If you haven't read the post that Shane posted I think you should. It might give you a little better feeling of how things are run now. :rock:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline rastaz

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
I am also not surprised to see those jumping in to explain why it is all the car owners fault.  Same old shit.
One of those "jumpers" could even show some class and get some positive PR by stepping up and kicking in some parts instead of his usual "customer is always wrong" nonsense... Must be nice to be perfect and all knowing....  Same old shit.

Rob

86 WH1
87 GN
89 TTA

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
I was just kidding BTW.  :chin:

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
I would ask the people that posted non-related GBody issues post their own experience in the Feedback section, and not in that thread.

Methinks Shane may not be too happy with Brian, and these vendors need to be held accountable, regardless of how "niche" they want to portray our hobby as.

'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31 2013, 10:13:43 PM »
Looks like Brian is going to try to work it out. I say fuck that, let the community get one together. That GN will be legendary.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31 2013, 10:19:46 PM »
I have a hard time believing the fire inspectors inspection was more then 2 min on the car after the fire was put out.   I bet they call most car fires electrical.    My dad had a 99 buick regal gs that we'd gotten the pre recall letter from gm not to park it inside because of the valve covers leaking and causing fires.  It used to stink whenever you came off the highway from the oil burning.  Then a few weeks later it burned up in the grocery store parking lot.   Fire inspector said it started from wiring.
It would be different if someone was hurt, or a building was burned up.   They have to put something on the paperwork so I can't imagine he's gonna make a massive effort to figure out where it started.

sucks about your car wendy.  I hope the other thread helps you out.
87 Regal Limited

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
I don't understand all the 'he said/she said'....   This is America...   and in America the property owner is ALLWAYS at fault and liable even when they aren't.   In this case, a car full of combustibles being welded on INSIDE OF A SHOP, during business hours by the SHOP OWNER,  burned to the ground....     How the hell do you spin that.

If anything I would image the fire marshal or the EPA would be up Brians ass for safety procedures (or lack thereof) for it happening no matter who's fault it is.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #53 on: July 31 2013, 11:11:31 PM »
I suspect the shop owner told the fire marshall what happened...so I discount the report if there is one.

Pretty sure we all understand what is going on here
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31 2013, 11:50:28 PM »
You guys are missing one of the key factors here. Brian has a serious drinking problem and he's in a unique position with the business. We've all had dealings with people like this and if he doesn't take care of it he will be no better than Paul Castelbuno. If Clay posts the info on other boards that deal with G body cars it will hurt his business for years to come.

And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #55 on: August 01 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
I did not miss that point...just decided it was not worth bringing up on this board
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01 2013, 12:24:46 AM »
I'm drinking a beer right now....

....and I think if a car burns up in my garage I know who's ass is on the line.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
Anyone that knows him knows he drinks too much. Loves the Corona..

And before he rails on me for being a drunk right along side him when I lived up there - I quit drinking ~ 3 years ago, I handled my issue, he needs to handle his.

Personally, while it really sucks Wendy's car is gutted, the discourse that is going on is good for the "community". Too may elephants in the room for too long.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01 2013, 08:44:12 AM »
This REALLY makes me sad because my car is in the shop to get the weatherstrippi ng done, and the guy sent me pics of how damaged the T-Top area is. Looks like I'm going to have to find some new EVERYTHING for that area due the rust.  Im starting to dislike this car very much....so now to place an order with gbodyparts.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
*didnt mean to hijack thread...back to the topic at hand*

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal