Author Topic: EarlBrown and Scot W discuss the weather, and general vendor niceties.  (Read 14418 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: EarlBrown and Scot W discuss the weather, and general vendor niceties.
« Reply #15 on: August 08 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
Now that my name has been dragged in here I'd like to clarify that I told Scott about the piston thread and what you were intending to do with the profits from the bolt sales. This is after the fact and in no way was I involved in removing your thread Earl.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline scot w.

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
Now that my name has been dragged in here I'd like to clarify that I told Scott about the piston thread and what you were intending to do with the profits from the bolt sales. This is after the fact and in no way was I involved in removing your thread Earl.
True and this was after Shane already knew... but he still got rid of his thread and Shane & Jay have make the decision to delete or keep threads, I guess they decided to delete it...

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08 2013, 08:34:22 PM »
I guess some things Never Change!!  :chin:   
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08 2013, 09:35:33 PM »

I know you didn't Charlie.   I tend to believe what was in the lengthy conversation between Jay and I over what Scot says here.   There's discrepancies between the two versions and Jay's is the one with no holes.

Jay got irritated at the drama too and he and I sorted it out.   Bottom line, like I said earlier. Scot wins because he pays the board and outranks the rest of us (even the one's that help make the board worth visiting for help).  He earns a living selling shit to the people that visit the board and I don't.

Scot, so now I have to be sponsored by a paying vendor in order to dump extra parts along with posting a caveat at the bottom just for you with the intentions of what I'm doing with the money?

I do find it funny that you've been going on and on about not being in the bolt business...   and now you mention that you're going to sell a kits that Coach is building on your very website along with the underhood cosmetic kits you've already posted about.....  Both of which came to light after you had my thread deleted.

From the timeline this is how it looks. I listed a couple kits on TB a while back (even a moderator bought one of them!) and there was no problem whatsoever.   Shortly after that, you decide you're going to go in the bolt kit business and find a thread of mine...   You flex your 'paying vendor status' to the Jay and Shane and get my thread deleted under a cloak of anonymity. 

You weren't first to market, and you aren't assembling something nicer than my stuff. YOU WIN because you pay the powers that be.  If that makes me a prick, so be it. Personally I think it's a chickenshit way to do business.

and now I'm not only a skirting vendor, but a prick as well.  It's times like these I'm glad I have a life.

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08 2013, 09:48:07 PM »

Scot, Here's what I really don't understand...

You are a paying vendor that makes a living selling Buick parts and pays a Buick Board to sell parts there...      I'm just a person with free time on my hands between jobs trying to do something cool for the Buick community. 

I have NOTHING to do with your bottom line yet you had to follow me over here, sign up, and start slinging shit with me. (that kind of stuff can get you banned in certain .koms) 

Are you under the impression that this is going to cause your business to go up? Are you under the impression this will generate sales?

Lets say you succeed in making me look bad? How in the hell will that benefit you or your business?  You don't seen to be the least bit worried some of this mud slinging might stick to you.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08 2013, 10:08:28 PM »
If you're selling surplus parts it's not a big deal Earl, but if you're manufacturing (making kits) then that's when Shane stops it. There was even 1 guy that was buying and re-selling at a higher price. I looked at one of his threads and the guy he bought the parts from a week ago got into it with him. There's a lot of buying and selling going on and if it's parts you don't need or want that's one thing, but if you're manufacturing kits or parts specifically for resale that's when you get hit with being a vendor.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08 2013, 10:39:27 PM »
There were extras Charlie.  It wouldn't make sense to convert them back to money and then $100's in replacement bolts. That wouldn't have left me any money to do the piston prototypes.

No one asked me before deleted the thread but I'm 99% sure I mentioned they were extras when I listed the ad.  You might be able to use your super moderator powers to look and see. I can't see it anymore.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
Have you tried doing a search under your name in the for sale section Earl?

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
It wasn't locked Charlie. It was deleted.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08 2013, 11:21:13 PM »
If it's deleted I may not be able to find it Earl. There's some deletions that I can't read or find.

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09 2013, 12:36:01 AM »
all I'm gonna say before I move on to the next thread is that it sure is nice to have a buick forum that doesn't start acting all mommy and daddy on a couple guys that have no problem wanting to go at it for a bit in their own thread.  If I don't like it, I can click out.
I respect and understand why some sites are ran the way they are with the whole censorship and rules thing, but its just nice to have options.   Here I got some very smart tech guys to tell me how to get my buick running optimum without spending tons of $$$, even though I go ahead spending $$$ anyway cause I'm a dipshit  :icon_eyes:
I can also say "shit" here, even though cussing shows my lack of intelect. 
I don't have to worry about getting censored or banned because I vent a issue I have with another member or a buick vendor.
and it also has a the most kick-ass buick an babe thread   :rock:   where else you gonna see that much naked ass with buicks only?
thank you supasix for giving us a option!   :038: 
The owners of tb.com are true buick enthusiast, and good guys in my book, and I'm glad they and their site is around, but its just nice to have options.
Scot I'm glad you do what you do.  Earl I'm glad you do what you do. 
I'm outta here    :atbeer:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #26 on: August 09 2013, 09:54:49 AM »
This thread sounds like two third grade girls at recess.  Damn hard to tell one from the other.  Maybe Earl and Scott should try to get night jobs as writers for the Muppet Show :icon_kidra:  This "she said, he said" business gets old after while. 

C'mon, Earl!  Did you not expect for Scott to come over here after you called him names?  I was surprised it took as long as it did for the word to filter back. 

And you cannot tell me that you were truly surprised that you were told that you could not sell new stuff over there once it got to the big dogs' attention.  It's not your first rodeo in that arena.

We all know that the board is run strictly for the benefit of vendors and I really have no problem with it other than they tend to protect some vendors that could not stay in business on a level playing field.  Most of the big boards subsist on vendor advertising fees.  Shane seems to be a nice guy from what most of my friends that get out tell me and he is just carrying on an old family tradition as far as that board is concerned.

Invoking third parties that are not present to substantiate arguments is not really kosher by either side in any dispute unless everyone is in the room at the same time and, in my experience, would not necessarily bring forth the truth anyway because often people tell people what they want to hear rather than the simple facts of the matter to avoid more discussion.

Earl, we all know you are not a vendor but it does not matter because you got called one.  It does not matter if you were getting rid of extras to finance a piston set or a blow job.  Either reason might be admirable but you did not pass the smell test over there and, again, it should not be a surprise.

It really does not matter whether Scott ever dreamed up the idea of selling bolt kits before you tried to dispose of your extras over there, or not.  It is what it is.  As I said, why are you surprised?  I never took you for one that would believe life was fair or the playing field was level-particularly the playing field you decided to play on.  You are one of the smartest guys I know so it's hard to believe you are surprised by the turn of events.

It's time to move on.  I never had a problem with Scott and I think you are one of the best guys around.  BUT....this quoting and replying, line by line, is descending past the level of sublime down to the childishly ridiculous.  There is nothing to be won and there are no winners. 

If we stop now and take a vote, there probably won't be a clear cut victor, it is just another case of my daddy can whip your daddy at this point.  No one is gonna hook up the lie detectors and figure out what really happened. 

Time to lick the respective wounds and move on :cheers:  I love youse guys! :cheers:

Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
Well said.

This thread has run it's course, I believe.

The thread will of course remain open, any and all may post - but I see diminished returns at this point, also - no need to bring in other parties in some "he said/she said", unless they are active members of this message board.

I would hope that all members of IHADAV8.com keep personal communications between all parties just that - personal.

Grassy-ass
Mark
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
I agree with damn near everything you've said Steve.  (the line by line thing is obnoxious too. Try typing it out and keeping thoughts organized and linear. It sucks! :)
  I realized while typing this, it's a carryover from my real life. Those that have been around me in real life know that I tolerate zero drama.  I don't even care how fine a nice piece of ass is, you take in a deep breath and gear up for some BS....  your ass is gone.   Unfortunately for me, I can't help people following me around on the internets.

I will admit I hated the method but I did enjoy learning the tidbits to fill in the blanks.

I believe this is going to settle down soon.

Offline scot w.

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10 2013, 04:43:54 PM »
For what it's worth Earl, I didn't follow anyone around on the internets! I first joined here back when this board was started as GNS Performance and had forgotten my password so I had to register again. I just didn't register here again to follow you.......... :rolleyes;

I originally came here because Charlie told me about the thread started here for Clay and while reading the posts I simply ran across your name calling BS and "That's what started it".... Until then there was absolutely no problem... I am not the kind of person who is going to sit back and let someone call me names and belittle my business without recourse.... Still looking forward to meeting you in person Earl...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal