Author Topic: MAP help w alky kit  (Read 1788 times)

Offline ENFORCER

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
MAP help w alky kit
« on: May 04 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
Well its 10 pm and I'm in the garage trying to hook up an alky kit I got from Razor.
Heres my questions:
I have an aftermarket gnx type gauge set, it has VDO gauges. I looked at the MAP that is installed on the passenger fender. It looks like the new 3 bar MAP I bought with the kit. The plug even looks the same. So am I correct in thinking that I can just switch out the old with the new?
Second , I followed the vacuum hose from the MAP and found it disconnected and laying behind the valve cover! I believe the original owner must have disconnected it from the 4th metal vacuum tube on the throttle body. There was a line there going to the passenger compartment. I disconnected it and the VDO boost gauge quit working so mystery solved.
So if I hook up the new MAP to the metal vacuum line , where would be a good place to splice in for my VDO boost gauge. I don't want to interfere with the alky in any way.
Thanks for any help.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: MAP help w alky kit
« Reply #1 on: May 04 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
I would run the line to the map and insert a tee in that line to the boost gauge.  It will not interfere with the map
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TURBOPOWERED68

• David
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
I would run the line to the map and insert a tee in that line to the boost gauge.  It will not interfere with the map

YEAUP what he said ^^^^
just make sure that NONE of the lines LEAK and that they are in excellent condition. And zip tie EVERY connection.   
Most talk about having thick skin but thats just BS.
This damn attitude of "you didn't listen to us/me now you should burn in hell for it" really sucks.

Offline ENFORCER

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
got it done. Thanks everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal