Author Topic: 2016 UTI gtg  (Read 5849 times)

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 UTI gtg
« Reply #15 on: October 03 2016, 12:56:28 PM »
No kids yet Mike, but the wife to be definitely wants some.  I think if I was paying GTA prices for homes I'd be renting no way we could afford a place that wasn't in a rough area.   
I was dumb as toast when I was 23 and bought the stupid thing. I've spent like $12,000 to make a $4500 dollar car into a $10,000 dollar car.   Should just spent the 15 at the time and bought a done/nice one.   I'd just like to have all the worn out shit replaced so I can drag race it and not be chasing a bunch of dumb worn out things that should have be replaced before it ever went near a track.
87 Regal Limited

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03 2016, 02:09:14 PM »
Plus as I get older my back hurts a little more so thoughts of wrenching over an engine stops with plugs, oil, a little cleaning up with maybe a car wash & that makes for a Good Day. I can't even imagine doing head gaskets with the motor still in the car anymore!  :O 
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03 2016, 04:36:22 PM »
If you don't have kids yet, go ahead and get a second job now and start saving up. Also prepare for stuff like a $200 dress for prom, and iPhones , they all seem to need an iPhone. Buy it and it seems within a month or two the screen is shattered. So they need it fixed or a newer better iPhone. And don't get me started on shoes. Even boys require fancy Jordans and under armor, nothing under $100. It adds up fast and really cuts into the car fundage.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03 2016, 08:00:30 PM »
Something I learned when I was young. I built a 77 Nova from the ground up. I replaced all the body panels, built the engine...trans and diff. When I sold it off years later, I got about 10 cents on the dollar. When I bought my GN, I got smart. I found a turn key car...much cheaper and easier than starting out from scratch. The 2 Camaros I purchased were also turn key.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03 2016, 11:08:11 PM »
if I had a nickle for everytime I ignored an old guy in my youth only to learn the hardway they were right....
87 Regal Limited

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal