Author Topic: razor's alky pump  (Read 3868 times)

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
razor's alky pump
« on: June 19 2018, 09:21:05 PM »
Hey guys

years ago I bought a used alky kit from Norbs, and I never got around to installing it.  At the time he suggested replacing the diaphragm in the pump before using it.   In the box of stuff he sent me, it came with a new one in a bag.  Just wondering are guys rebuilding their own pumps? If they are, where are they getting parts for the pumps.   I don't see pump parts on the alkycontrol site.   I guess I'm just asking is it worth trying to rebuild these things, or just stop being cheap and buy a new one for 160 bucks.
87 Regal Limited

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: razor's alky pump
« Reply #1 on: June 19 2018, 10:34:43 PM »
If I was gonna run alky, I'd remove the pump and fire it off to Razor at the end of the season every other year to freshen it up.

How much boost do you wanna run on the street? If you say 16-17 then I'd grab a 94 street chip from Eric and tell him you wanna run 20 lbs of boost. There'd be lots of high gear fuel in it.

If you wanna hit the track, then grab a 112 race chip from him and get him to load it for 25 pounds of boost. Race gas is easier to tune...and you can jam the low gear timing to it to get the whore to launch hard. Tuning with race gas and PL is so easy...it's scary.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20 2018, 06:34:51 AM »
I’ve run razors kit for over ten yrs. Is this the kit you have? If so, just contact Julio and tell him you want the pump rebuilt. He will take care of you. You simply ship your pump to him and he goes through it.
Last pump I sent him it was approximately $100 to rebuild. I only run straight meth ALWAYS and that was recommended by Julio himself. I think I’m on my 3rd in 10 yrs. FWIW
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20 2018, 08:25:12 AM »
How big is your turbo?  Like Brad said, it all depends on the boost you want to run.  But I was able to run 20 psi on 94 pump with a TE44.  On some days I could go as high as 22 psi.

Offline 278CIKILLER

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
I have a alky system like brand new that's coming off the car, if your interested let me know.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
Removed the alky kit from my car as well. I wasn't using its full potential on the street.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
At the moment the car is basically all stock, except for the basic stuff, chip, pump, fpr.  Performance stuff is pretty low on my priority list at the moment, just trying to go through some of the stuff I have.

I doubt the car will ever see much track time, since most of the tracks are a decent hike from Barrie down to Brad's area.  My plan was basically fun street car, that isn't a pain in the ass on the street either. 

They do autocrossing in town here, so that might actually be something I one day would like to try.  Sounds like if I'm not planning balls to the walls, put the kit back on the shelf until that crosses my fancy.

thanks guys
87 Regal Limited

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27 2018, 11:39:27 AM »
I plan to order a new Alky kit within the next week. I think I'm excited...not sure yet though

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
Razor's Alky kit was the best thing I ever did, after everything else was working correctly.  Still on first pump for over 6 years, using only M1 methanol.  It really made my whole combo come alive.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Tcorgn6

• BoostN6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Hey Guys,
 A bit scary  with a rebuilt older style ALKY pump, hate for it crap out at WOT !!! I’d just be safe and call Julio and order one up. Agreed with the other post below. ALKY is the best thing I’ve done . My car also runs great. Matched up everything pretty good. Getting some fine tuning tips from Tyler at www.bootedrps.com        He’s the up and coming mad scientist! Kids got passion.

Offline BoostedRPS

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08 2018, 10:53:11 AM »

Any of the people who have pulled off their alky systems already, or plan to do so in the future, are you looking to sell your system or perhaps trade it for something?

If you're looking to trade for something, I just-so-happen to know a guy who owns this weird little company that sells Buick parts, run by some crazy asshole, and they call it www.boostedrps.com so whatever you see for sale there, I'd be able to trade you ;)

...hey man, can you blame me for trying to trade shit that I'm a vendor for? I mean hell, if you could exploit it, wouldn't you?! ;)

Hey Guys,
 A bit scary  with a rebuilt older style ALKY pump, hate for it crap out at WOT !!! I’d just be safe and call Julio and order one up. Agreed with the other post below. ALKY is the best thing I’ve done . My car also runs great. Matched up everything pretty good. Getting some fine tuning tips from Tyler at www.boostedrps.com        He’s the up and coming mad scientist! Kids got passion.

Fixed our website's name ;)

Mad Scientist eh? I will DEF take a nickname like that!!

Ya know, I've been told by quite a few people that I have a serious passion for these cars... that is actually what Cal Hartline told me when he said yes after I asked him if he would do the MS3 tuning for my company!

I've been thinking of becoming a vendor for Julio, but since everybody sells his kit I didn't think there would really be a reason to carry his product since every other company does... I might hit him up this week and ask him what it'd take to become a vendor for him, though..

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08 2018, 01:08:53 PM »
When you guys talk about ''over turbo'' and ''all in'' what exactly do you mean? Sounds like a catch phrase to me. Yes I know you don't put a 105mm on a stock block
Let's use a 11.00 3800 lb Regal for ex. What is over turbo and under turbo? and why do you want to be ''all in''.
Sorry wrong thread.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
All my beaters have Alky Control systems. we replace the pump every other year from what I remember. Street boost is 30#s.  :player: . Puts a grin on my face every time I use it.  :cool; Big thing guys do is run it out of Alky !!! Usually not a pretty site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal