Author Topic: All about the Gray Ghost  (Read 95671 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: All about the Gray Ghost
« Reply #345 on: February 26 2019, 06:15:08 PM »
You've come a long way since the White T at the Buick race with Charlie. Hopefully I at least taught you how to warm the tires!!!! I can't wait to see what you do not only with the GN but getting the most out of these things with a common sense approach.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 26 2019, 08:13:44 PM »
Time for the 2-step!
IhaveaV8

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26 2019, 09:36:07 PM »
You've come a long way since the White T at the Buick race with Charlie. Hopefully I at least taught you how to warm the tires!!!! I can't wait to see what you do not only with the GN but getting the most out of these things with a common sense approach.
Yesterday would’ve been Charlie’s birthday...  I thought about our time at little river. I really enjoyed you taking me under your wing. I really get into folks when they are teaching what I’m wanting to learn. You should’ve been a teacher or instructor Gary.  You’re good at it
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 26 2019, 09:37:05 PM »
Time for the 2-step!
I’m ready for it but I need to do some reading before setting it up
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 27 2019, 06:56:13 AM »
You know theres one in the GN?

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 27 2019, 10:26:00 AM »
Yesterday would’ve been Charlie’s birthday...  I thought about our time at little river. I really enjoyed you taking me under your wing. I really get into folks when they are teaching what I’m wanting to learn. You should’ve been a teacher or instructor Gary.  You’re good at it
Charlie was a good guy always willing to help people.  It is definitely missed!

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 27 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
You know theres one in the GN?
Yes sir
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 12 2019, 06:43:55 PM »
Pulled the original bushings. They did a good job. New rubber went back in
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 13 2019, 06:11:53 PM »
Just saw this, means more than you know

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 02 2019, 11:39:50 PM »
Been a while since I updated this thread. So here you go. Not much new happening with the limited. More testing is needed as is time.  I can probably get some testing done but I can’t make any time.

Mostly been analyzing data and adjusting things here and there. Learned a real good lesson about fluid dynamics in regards to a pressure regulator. Just can’t throw in a better pump and drive on thinking your fuel system is up to snuff.

Have an all Buick test and tune day at XRP in Ferris, TX on May 11th, 10 AM - 4 PM. 1/8th mile track. Hope to make a few passes and get some more data. Maybe even make some new PB’s.

Personal best so far in the limited:

60 foot. 1.501
1/8 ET. 6.75
1/8 MPH 104.77
1/4 ET 10.98
1/4 MPH 125.98
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 03 2019, 10:30:00 AM »
Welcome to the 10's club! :cheers:   Nice run!  What boost and timing were you running?

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #356 on: May 03 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
Next time you swap bushings on a Regal, take some pictures along the way and describe how you lifted the body, etc.  I have not seen a good write up on doing it and it would be nice to put a page on my site.  I suspect most cars out there would benefit from it.

Nice times!  You have come a long way and had a few trials and tribulations along the way!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 03 2019, 10:55:59 PM »
Welcome to the 10's club! :cheers:   Nice run!  What boost and timing were you running?
Thanks!  The 10.98 @ 125.98 mph was at BG 2017. 93 and alky 21 psi locking the converter at 90 mph. I’d have to look but I think I had 20-21 in the timing. I still had the SD2 in the car then.

The 1.501 60 foot, 104.77 mph @ 6.75 was at XRP a few months back maybe 6 months. Rich was there. Same night that somebody blew a head gasket. I’m always working the tune and learning while keeping the boost at somewhat performance levels. I hope to have a few more of my obstacles tackled and will be able to lay down some better numbers next weekend at XRP.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 03 2019, 11:09:18 PM »
Next time you swap bushings on a Regal, take some pictures along the way and describe how you lifted the body, etc.  I have not seen a good write up on doing it and it would be nice to put a page on my site.  I suspect most cars out there would benefit from it.

Nice times!  You have come a long way and had a few trials and tribulations along the way!
Those bushings were supposed to be for the Phoenix but plans changed. I will definitely do pics and a write up on the next one. I will say this, body rose almost 1/2 inch with the new bushings. Where there was almost no gap between the body and the frame at the rear tire well, now you can almost fit a finger in between. Doors seem to close better too.

Yes sir we’ve come along nicely. Been fun for the most part. Been educational. Been burned with vendors and individuals but found some really decent business folks too. Met some really nice folks and one complete jerk. Overall, I wouldn’t change a thing and going to keep doing it till I know longer can or just stop finding joy in doing it.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #359 on: May 03 2019, 11:50:15 PM »
I think once one realizes that we are not dealing with magic and that logic and commonsense are what drives the process, it starts coming to us and things get easier.

The Buick world has always been a small pond with some really nice guys in it, but, it seems as soon as we get rid of one jackass, another arises to take his place.  Guys seem to proclaim themselves gurus and begin to turn into said jackasses with success.  Internet marketing has created a lot of the problem.  Given the smallness of the market, the Highlander mentality drives some and as a result they do their best to slander every other competitor because it's hard to make a living fishing a small pond.  I think some of these guys are borderline psychopaths and I wonder what pills they are taking them that causes this :D

There are still a few guys active that are from the old days.  I saw you mention Ken White somewhere.  I never met him but I recall him as a really nice guy.  We need more like him.

Body bushings can really make a difference and they do stiffen up the frame by allowing less flex.  Probably easier than boxing it :)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal