Author Topic: Unbreakable Tesla S  (Read 2376 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
Unbreakable Tesla S
« on: August 21 2013, 11:42:27 AM »

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-20/teslas-model-s-sedan-destroys-safety-tests-dot-dot-dot-literally#r=rss

....a battery of tests conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Tesla’s Model S all-electric luxury sedan. The reader is quickly told that the Model S got a 5-star rating overall and a 5-star rating in all the subcategories. “Of all vehicles tested, including every major make and model approved for sale in the United States, the Model S set a new record for the lowest likelihood of injury to occupants,” Tesla said.

Of note, during validation of Model S roof crush protection at an independent commercial facility, the testing machine failed at just above 4 g’s,” Tesla said. “While the exact number is uncertain due to Model S breaking the testing machine, what this means is that at least four additional fully loaded Model S vehicles could be placed on top of an owner’s car without the roof caving in.”
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
Re: Unbreakable Tesla S
« Reply #1 on: August 21 2013, 09:39:25 PM »
Those cars are very nice and expensive.  I can only dream :rolleyes;

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Unbreakable Tesla S
« Reply #2 on: September 03 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
I can't wait to LS swap one...
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal