Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 6887 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: November 10 2019, 06:16:57 PM »

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10 2019, 06:21:42 PM »
Thanks!  Some times I forget that posting it is different on this forum.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Thanks!  Some times I forget that posting it is different on this forum.
No problem. I had to check it out.

#247 is 12-13 mi from me here. When I heard about it, I rode my m/c there to have a look. I have seen 3 GNX's and twice that many clones. #247 is one owner w/2200 mi. Bumper fillers and headliner was just like mine were.

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
We had 3 GNX's in our city and I seen all of them and drove GNX 112.  But something doesn't look right with the one I posted.  The doors look rusty, the air dryer has been changed, the spark plug wires look messed up.

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10 2019, 09:13:45 PM »
pep boys tires and I think wrong exhaust. Wonder what turbo is on it?
Check out the warranty and disclaimer.

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10 2019, 09:15:59 PM »
pep boys tires and I think wrong exhaust. Wonder what turbo is on it?
Check out the warranty and disclaimer.
I know!  If that doesn't scream fake I don't know what does.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10 2019, 09:19:26 PM »
I dunno-
If it spent 32 yrs in Fla., I would say it has stayed indoors and is in pretty good shape. I lived in Florida. I would think given the vin, one should be able to verify whether a GNX. In 32 yrs, needing an A/C dryer could happen. The interior is not as nice as mine, but once again Florida.

The mileage would probably be easier changed with that speedometer. The things I noticed were the bottom outside of the front seats and the glove box door. It is an unfortunate place to take pictures. I was going to check the plug wires on mine but the cover is on it. I changed plugs today and thought they would be original. Not so.

In my state, Missouri, there are mileage's taken at state inspections and all title transfers. With a 17 digit vin, a Carfax and a title search generally keep things straight. Large penalties for deceit.

edit-I have the original tires for mine. Nobody in their right mind would put them on the ground.
« Last Edit: November 10 2019, 09:24:58 PM by wmsonta »

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12 2019, 10:29:46 AM »
The car seems really puzzling.  But one thing for sure it looks beat!  The milage does not seem right.  And why doesn't it have the original tires on it?  It seems it could be a GNX and it also seems it isn't.  Apparently, because the GNX were built from GN's you can't use the serial number to define it.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12 2019, 01:00:09 PM »
If this works, these are original 1987 GN tires and rims. If they would hold air, I would not trust them the 1/2 mile into town.
The tires on the car are at least 23 yrs old. I would not trust them 30 miles from home. In one year, I will change both of my motorcycle tires because of age. 8 yrs max.

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12 2019, 02:10:09 PM »
I know what you are saying I have my Eagle GT's I put them on about 8 years ago, and said this is stupid.  I'm thinking of buying the new Eagle GT's.  For motorcycle's I totally agree with you!

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12 2019, 02:50:45 PM »
It is my understanding and experience, the original GT's could not be duplicated. Evidently, Goodyear never offered Eagle GT's with the white outlined letters. White lettered sure, not white outlined.

I have no opinion on the subject GNX. I have lived in Fla. I bought a roofing company 3 weeks after Andrew.

The under dash upholstery sagging and the discoloration on the glove box, I would attribute to the endless heat/humidity. The lower outside of the passenger seat, I can only attribute to wear. Seems a lot of wear. It would have to be a high number of short trips with a heavy person at the advertised mileage.

I do not trust pictures. Chances are the car would look different. If that is original paint, it has spent its life inside.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12 2019, 03:45:35 PM »
I do not trust pictures. Chances are the car would look different. If that is original paint, it has spent its life inside.

Your guess is as good as mine.
What I have observed is most the times pictures make a bad car look good and make a really nice car look good but not as good as it should.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12 2019, 06:09:05 PM »
Wrong MAF to.. Now it's after 6 so my brain has already gone to bed. Now GNX owners look at the boost guage. Is it original ? I flew down to Fl to look at one years ago in Tallahassee. Guy had bought it new . Ill continue once ya answer the boost gauge question.  :chin: Wish they had posted pics of under the car. I could recognize it

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
Wrong MAF to.. Now it's after 6 so my brain has already gone to bed. Now GNX owners look at the boost guage. Is it original ? I flew down to Fl to look at one years ago in Tallahassee. Guy had bought it new . Ill continue once ya answer the boost gauge question.  :chin: Wish they had posted pics of under the car. I could recognize it
That was the very first thing I spotted!  Which lead me to believe it was an aftermarket cluster. The MAF??  And awesome aftermarket blue oil cap replacing the factory tube! :chin:
« Last Edit: November 12 2019, 08:25:47 PM by Forzfed »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal