Author Topic: Junior Achievement  (Read 8823 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Junior Achievement
« Reply #15 on: December 22 2017, 07:32:27 PM »
This bunch must have good parents.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #16 on: December 22 2017, 08:38:50 PM »
Since we're talking youth....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awGctTODPBk

I hate that this video is manipulated with racism, p's me off but let's ignore that and look at what Forzfed said, 'parents', this video is about them.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23 2017, 12:33:23 AM »

I hate that this video is manipulated with racism, p's me off but let's ignore that and look at what Forzfed said, 'parents', this video is about them.

There is a lot of truth to that video.  You need a good influence in your life, be it a parent, relative, friend, or big brother/sister.  You know the old saying, if you hangout with all negative people...

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23 2017, 06:28:47 AM »
I think it all depends on what you call "winning". and the emphasis is all wrong in that video IMOP.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
While attitude is everything, so is perception. I can only be responsible for what i am saying, not what you are hearing.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
An amazing day. It was held at one of the local colleges and I got teamed up with one of the professors. We had six amazing young men that had their act together. The students needed to complete a questionnaire of jobs they were interested in. In our group we had kids for web design, diesel tech, two accountants, Army, and policeman. It seems we hear all the bad stuff of our youth and think they are all alike. These kids were beyond their years at 11th grade. We came away today with new hope for our future. I think I learned more than they did.

Definitely a good news story. I see a lot of kids so fukn lazy they'd shit in bed and kick it out the window.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23 2017, 01:12:35 PM »
While attitude is everything, so is perception. I can only be responsible for what i am saying, not what you are hearing.
This applies to me in a huge way. :rofl:

On the internet someone will think 'what did that mofo just say, grrr?!'  :013:
But in person youd say 'rofl the face you made when you said that!'
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23 2017, 05:19:55 PM »

I saw this video before. It irritated because it made it seem just since someone did OK than had to feel guilty that everyone else was so much worse off. I didn't do OK by accident. I'm not here to tell my life's story, but here's a partial I shared with one of the JA kid's that asked if I ever felt like giving up. "I just signed off on a 300K mortgage and a couple of weeks later 9/11 hit. And I'm thinking uh-oh. We had to renovate, when the contractor was done, my wife and I started to paint the showroom. About 4 hours into it, Raeann says: we can't do this, it's too much. My reply: honey we have to, there is no money left. So I put 3 coats of paint while running the old shop by myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for empathy or anything, I just did what I had to do at 44 years old, just losing my Snap-On job and depending on bringing my old customers back from 8 years ago and survive."
So I really don't have time for people telling me I'm an entitled rich white boy. I've worked since I was 11 in some form or another from paper boy, selling seeds door to door, pumping gas with my Dad, landscaping. I was 60 in June. The point is: that video stinks, working with the kids in JA of many nationalities was the anti video and one of the most rewarding experiences I've had.

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24 2017, 04:34:01 AM »
I totally see what your talking about looking at it from your direction but the metaphor is golden for parents to see, that's what I was meaning. I don't like the video otherwise.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
I totally see what your talking about looking at it from your direction but the metaphor is golden for parents to see, that's what I was meaning. I don't like the video otherwise.
I think that's why the video starts out with the parent reference. If there isn't any home life or discipline, it's a tough battle for kids. It's a huge challenge to overcome. The two words or phrases they use: not fair and privilege sorta go thru me. My Dad died from pancreatic cancer at 42. All I was left with was bills. Again, not asking for a pity party. I'm sure most people here were dealt a bad hand at one time or another. That's life.
« Last Edit: December 24 2017, 11:15:39 AM by Pyro6 »

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24 2017, 11:49:09 AM »
Some people rise to the challenge and others fall.

Let's look at the bright side of things, all the cool guys drive turbo buicks!  Merry Christmas everyone! :cheers:   Stay strong and have a good New Year!

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25 2017, 12:45:05 AM »
not fair and privilege sorta go thru me.
Yeah, that's that snowflake crap. I was sooo not coming from that direction, I can see how you thought I was tho :rofl:

Awe man I'm embarrassed :icon_redface:
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 25 2017, 08:37:37 AM »
Probably 25% of the kids born are doomed to failure even before they are born as they are born into a system that has no family structure.  The street parents them and by the time they enter the school system, it is too late.

We are wasting a large chunk of our future potential as a result.  The government is not going to resolve this problem.  Only private enterprise and local social systems can but there is no in place organization to make it happen.  It only happens sporadically.

Kinda like mining for goal and throwing 25% of the pay dirt to the side without washing it.  I wonder how many potential world changing scientists, doctors, engineers, or simply good people are lost thru this loss system.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
not fair and privilege sorta go thru me.
Yeah, that's that snowflake crap. I was sooo not coming from that direction, I can see how you thought I was tho :rofl:

Awe man I'm embarrassed :icon_redface:
No need to be embarrassed, it's a good conversation. You only proved there are usually more than one view to everything.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal