Author Topic: tip an stumble?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline shmed

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
tip an stumble?
« on: October 23 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
ok  i finally  drove my car  tonight...
so far  it  stalled  twice  once while off throttle cruising   coming to a stop,   an the second time  it started to run rough  then just shutdown?  no codes  on scanmaster
ok  now figure i better get close to home  so on the way  home i  step  into it an it  almost stalls,  hmmm

ok home in driveway  rev it up a bit an its like theres a   flat spot in the throttle if that makes sense?  starts to rev then nothing almost like  when you have a   4 bbl carb  an  the secondaries open too soon...

the only thing   ive changed  is the 4inch maf pipe  the translator an the 3.5 maf meter ..
ideas  lets  have em boys....    before the snow comes lol

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
Re: tip an stumble?
« Reply #1 on: October 24 2016, 01:09:39 AM »
Check the dip switches on the translator and make sure they are set for your MAF. Instructions are on the underside of the lid for the translator box
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24 2016, 01:47:28 AM »
If you changed to a 3.5" from a 3" did you rotate the knob to tell the Translator you swapped MAF's?

Normally when my car has a tip in stumble it's because the throttle blade is too closed and the IAC is doing all the work.  Cracking the throttle increases the airflow too much too fast and it's like the accelerator pump on your Holley is leaking badly.

I like the have my throttle blade open almost the whole amount I can get away with.  That way the IAC only has to kick in very little air to maintain ECM control
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline shmed

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28 2016, 06:36:33 PM »
well  I still have it   the switches I have are set for the 3.5  maf an   o  on the fuel
could I try  the 85 mm  settings?    I mean 85mm  is pretty close to 3.5  inches?\

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
Did you reset the pcm after making the changes?
IhaveaV8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal