Author Topic: Looking for Some S/S Valves  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Joe Buick

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Looking for Some S/S Valves
« on: December 31 2014, 08:48:32 AM »
Like the title says. I am looking for a set of Valves to prepare a set of Iron Race Heads with 1.77 / 1.50 if you have and not using before I go to TA Performance and get them there.

Thank You
JB RACING

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Some S/S Valves
« Reply #2 on: December 31 2014, 10:24:07 PM »
Not trying to get off topic but, is it worth the trouble to go to a 1.77 in a 3.8 bore or are you doing a 4.1?
I have heard good things about those eBay ferrera valves.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01 2015, 01:06:31 AM »
They're very worth it. The 1.77's are the same price as the 1.7's.    They allow the machinist to have fresh meat to do the valve job and set the heights just right.

Avoiding the potential for new seats for free is a good deal.

Ferrea's are a quality product.  I got mine from flatlanderraci ng.com when I built my 4.1 but I think the ebay sellers are cheaper when you factor shipping.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01 2015, 11:50:22 AM »
Man, on paper my project expenses just keeps spiraling out of control. At this rate I'll need some cool guy heads instead of the pedestrian production ones.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01 2015, 04:23:36 PM »
Man, on paper my project expenses just keeps spiraling out of control. At this rate I'll need some cool guy heads instead of the pedestrian production ones.

Exactly why I unloaded several of my toys. The maintenance to keep them all going was getting silly. I'm concentrating on the GN.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01 2015, 04:43:10 PM »

Exactly why I unloaded several of my toys. The maintenance to keep them all going was getting silly. I'm concentrating on the GN.
That's exactly why I sold the GTA
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Joe Buick

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
I do most of the machining myself. I personally prefer going 1.71" on the Intake and 1.56" ob the Exhaust. I have noticed better low end results, but it's a little PITA cause I have to get Pontiac Exh. and sometimes it's a little hard to get S/S 1.71". I only did a few of sets like these and the guys were very happy on the quick spooling.
JB RACING

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal