Author Topic: Hitchfinder and Cequent Performance Products SUCK!!!  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Hitchfinder and Cequent Performance Products SUCK!!!
« on: February 14 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
I bought a trailer module from them so I could tow a trailer with my 2010 Caddy SRX. It has LED tailights so you need it. Been installed and used for 3 months now, a while back wife is driving car, without a trailer attached and the car starts on fire. The fire was actually their module melting itself to a glob of black plastic. also melted my taillight assembly ($430) Never even blew the inline fuse? Scared the shit out of my 3 year old son, wife's been hacking for days from the god awful smoke that filled the car. Fire department came to her rescue.

Send them pic's of module, and car. Since then they have requested several more pic's of car, then fire report, then pic's of the trailer that wasnt even attached, and now the melted part sent to them.

What a joke.......... ....NEVER buy anything from these pricks
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Hitchfinder and Cequent Performance Products SUCK!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
I bought a trailer module from them so I could tow a trailer with my 2010 Caddy SRX. It has LED tailights so you need it. Been installed and used for 3 months now, a while back wife is driving car, without a trailer attached and the car starts on fire. The fire was actually their module melting itself to a glob of black plastic. also melted my taillight assembly ($430) Never even blew the inline fuse? Scared the shit out of my 3 year old son, wife's been hacking for days from the god awful smoke that filled the car. Fire department came to her rescue.

Send them pic's of module, and car. Since then they have requested several more pic's of car, then fire report, then pic's of the trailer that wasnt even attached, and now the melted part sent to them.

What a joke.......... ....NEVER buy anything from these pricks

Fuck 'em, stop giving them info and hire a lawyer.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Online daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
Re: Hitchfinder and Cequent Performance Products SUCK!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14 2013, 06:43:27 PM »
Not a small company- go get 'em!
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal