Author Topic: Spun Rod bearing  (Read 10285 times)

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Spun Rod bearing
« Reply #15 on: January 08 2013, 12:15:18 PM »
surprised that crank/rod did not lock up and make it interesting

Oh it did . . . thanks to a functioning clutch it turned out well.  And no issue with in pants, checked to make sure. :D

Had a crank break in a yamahammer 350 scrambler and lock the tranny at speed rode that puppy on the side till it started to slow down, the peg was digging into the asphalt as it started to flip pushed it away and did the slide on the pavement till the gravel shoulder. Thank-you for leather !

AJ___

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
That will not buff right out
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
A engine is here yeah baby.  :D  Some mods and into the  frame it will go.

AJ___

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30 2013, 11:23:54 PM »
Soon into the frame.  Weather better be nice when it goes in !

AJ___

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01 2013, 10:37:55 PM »

My apologies; yes Falicon. Fixed in my previous post.

1992, wet weight 397 lbs 119 rwhp

Have seen some on e  bay, issue is you have no idea what shape they are in, bent straight or otherwise till it shows up. And shipping is crazy. I asked a few of the sellers and they say they know nothing other than it came from X X X X with X miles which means nothing  ask them is it straight no idea. Hence the question of who can fix one locally. I got a price from the local machine-shop; I was there, as I was to leave the machinist came running out and says we do not have that stone to cut that. :(

The price was very fair, too straighten flux cut polish $200.00

I have a couple e-mails into a few salvage yards one of them has a 6k motor. Want to know what they warranty etc?  I know for a fact that I would want to pull the pan off and look to see if there is anything there.

Falicon was very reasonable price for a super crank just do not run it hard enough to put a 4k crank in it.

AJ___

Is this a race bike?  That thing weighs less than a Ninja 250, and only 30 lbs more than my RZ350.

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02 2013, 07:47:57 AM »
Quote from: Forzfed
Quote from: $1987 GN$

My apologies; yes Falicon. Fixed in my previous post.

1992, wet weight 397 lbs 119 rwhp

AJ___

Is this a race bike?  That thing weighs less than a Ninja 250, and only 30 lbs more than my RZ350.

The guy I bought it from had it on a pretty big diet.
Alum rear sprocket, lighter headers, single muff, lighter rims, battery and all kinds of little things.

I have not had it on the scales to disprove what he told me, I will make it a point to check it when I have it all back together.

AJ___

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
That's pretty light.  That is one thing I love about my RZ is I can through it around like nothing.  When I drive my buddy's R1 it feels like a pig.  My bike would feel like a pig compared to Earl's bike, that thing is crazy light!

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
If you want to try a real bike you need to try your power on a 305 Hawk (CB77). What a piece of poop (my first "sport bike" ) compared to the bikes in the last 20 years. That thing and a kick start, it had a starter but the battery would always go dead. You would have to stand on that thing and make darn sure you where ready . . .

It was horrible high center, and top speed was slower than my car. muwahaha

Getting closer to having her ready for some nice weather, new sprockets and chain are ready to pick up tomorrow.
Looking at a new muff not sure what to use there yet.

I like the R1 for looks but I feel the same about it as you do.

This thing is old but handles reasonably, looks pretty much like the new ones since a lot of them are retro style other than the headlight.

A few friends have Ninja 1100 one is basically stock the other one is a neighbour and it is bored to 1425 turbo charged etc. Having issues with it blowing the oil seals out of the top of the heads. We are still sorting that one out.

Anyway I bet you are chomping at the bit to get out and have some fun too.

AJ___

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
That is the first time I've heard of that bike.  Looks really cool.  I wonder what that thing would be worth today?

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
No idea, I paid $50.00 for mine as it was used and was not running.  Coils replaced and all was good. I do recall the coils cost me more than the bike but do not recall what they where worth.  Drove it for a few summers, do not recall who got it from me. A few days ago.

Oh got baby fired up oh what a sound that was music to the ears. Built the exhaust myself used a chunk of irrigation pipe some ss mesh some roxul insulation and some pipe, polished it up. Dumb me did not pay attention to the seam and guess what it was on the front . . . I could re-drill  the caps and turn it, I still might do that. Major polish to that but still visible if you look closely at it. Gonna snap a pic of it in a few.

Need to re-paint the fairings and clear them yet. Getting closer.

Oh anyone what is the best polish for rims?  I use Amsoil metal polish, is there something better; stuff is major messy.

AJ___

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04 2013, 09:41:37 PM »
Here's a pic I should have sanded it before I polished it then the seam would not have mattered. I might sand it and do another polish job.

I will be testing the back pressure yet if all goes well I should be ok.

AJ___

Offline $1987 GN$

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07 2013, 12:29:01 PM »
Little bike turbo. ;-)

1100 turned 1425

AJ___

« Last Edit: April 07 2013, 12:33:46 PM by $1987 GN$ »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal