Author Topic: I need to listen to Steve. Wood because I am a semi noob thread. (story within a story)  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
I contemplated creating my own thread,  "all about my buick thread 2" but humility,  pride,  and the lack of self importance prevented me from doing so.

Damn it.....

So my pile is pretty good looking,... 

I bought her 2-3 years ago from a family I have known for 35 plus years.  The original owner had some tricks but kept her fairly stock... Any tricks and secrets I will know eventually. 

Story was a few years ago, I was looking at a t-type on flea bay.  Rare cream colored 87,  tan interior,  low mileage etc, etc...

At the time I think about a few different cars,  gn,   cts-v,  etc.  I had 9k burning a hole in my pocket.  Sent the auction to my friend John.  He shoots back "your looking at GN's?"... " mine and my dad's is for sale... ". 

I reply I can't afford yours let me look at your dad's.  I had no idea that the old man had this car.  I remember him taking us to car shows in his 66 chevelle when I was young and into high school..  (" Fat kid's in the front,  rest of you in the back ") .....

Will be post more about the GN and about the Chevelle tommorow.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
I contemplated creating my own thread,  "all about my buick thread 2" but humility,  pride,  and the lack of self importance prevented me from doing so.

Damn it.....

Yup. Sounds like a personal problem.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
I am semi-senile so it all evens out!

Fat kids in the front....guy sounds like me!  I like him :D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
This story happened over 25 years ago but the first of me hearing it was two years ago after Phil had passed away.

Phil was a great guy whenever he would take his boys to a car show they would pick me up.  Many times it would be say Eddies Diner but this time we were going to Endicott estates.

The weather was awesome from what I remember being the sunday after the fourth of July.  So I get in the car,  sean, and John in the back seat,  Chris, Phil and myself in the front seat.  ( again fat kid's in the front to prevent that tire rubbing from the massive slicks in the back of the chevelle )

So the day is a success, we checkout the cars, eat a packed lunch from the cooler, and get sunburns.  All in all a great day from what I remember. 

So the next day comes around and Phil calls his boys into the garage one at a time.  "Which one of you little shits poked a hole in the headliner?" 

So each one replys it had to have been Scott he was sitting there so it had to be him.  Since I lived on the other side of town I was not interrogated like the others or I would have known about the story then and 25 years later.

So Phil cools down a little and is doing some work in the garage.  I think he was checking out the headliner and determining what can be done with it.  So he is looking and hears a little scurrying inside the headliner ( a mouse)..  Looks like we picked up an extra passenger from the fields of Endicott. 

So Phil is thinking how do I get rid of this little bastard.?  After a minute of thinking about it fires up the big block awesomeness of the chevelle and closes the garage door.

The next car show going with them I never understood why the headliner was changed to a scalloped leather but Phil did a great job on it..

Posted From Tapatalk

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Yep, definitely my kinda guy!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
So Phil is driving through New York in the GN I currently own.  He is following my friend Peter who is towing a car in a trailer to a car show .  Phil and Peter get a little separated mile or so between them so Phil is driving a little faster to catch up.  He's lightly speeding but not being reckless. 

So he sees the flashing red lights behind his car, he pulls into the slow lane waiting for the car to pass.  The car doesn't pass so he gets back in the high speed lane, the car is behind him with the flashing red lights.  This goes on for a mile or so him wondering why the car won't pass..

Finally Phil pulls over he is a little miffed about this the officer comes up to the car and Phil greets him with "fire chief what do you want"  " I pulled over to let you pass what's the problem?" 

So the trooper starts giving Phil a ration of shit.  Phil calmly explains where I am from blue lights are for police and red for firefighters.  The trooper isn't buying any of it and still screaming.. 

Phil pulls out his badge and says "can I leave now" ...  The trooper is so flabbergasted he points down the highway and says something to the effect of get the fu-k out of my sight. 

Posted From Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal