Author Topic: F150 caliper slide bolts  (Read 3570 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
F150 caliper slide bolts
« on: July 04 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
So is it possible the left hub and right hub slide bolts bolt have different size heads?
 :icon_eyes: :icon_eyes: :icon_eyes:

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
Re: F150 caliper slide bolts
« Reply #1 on: July 04 2012, 09:58:56 PM »
The one with the big head must be Canadian :icon_eyes:
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
Seen this when they have been replaced.

AJ___

Offline dyermullet

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05 2012, 01:52:30 AM »
agree with above, I worked at a parts store in college, sometimes the replacement parts have a different sized hex on them.  As long as they are the same thread and overall length you are fine.

Since it is a ford i have a funny story, I was helping a friend change out the gears in his 98 mustang.  We were both working on on taking the axles out and sharing tools since you needed the same for both sides.  After getting in an arguement over where the 10mm wrench was at since he had to have used it to remove the brake caliper bolts on his side, we realized that one caliper had no bolts holding it on to the car.  :O This was a car that ran 11.50 on the motor and 10.60 on the bottle.  He had never worked on the rear brakes since he had bought the car two years before that.

It reassured me I do the right thing spending the time to look at every part of a used car after I bring it home.  You never know what idiot worked on it before you.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 05 2012, 09:55:22 AM »
I was going to say I had never worked on a Mustang so I was not that idiot...but, that's not true....

Somehow, I am not surprised...
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05 2012, 11:39:54 AM »
agree with above, I worked at a parts store in college, sometimes the replacement parts have a different sized hex on them.  As long as they are the same thread and overall length you are fine.

Since it is a ford i have a funny story, I was helping a friend change out the gears in his 98 mustang.  We were both working on on taking the axles out and sharing tools since you needed the same for both sides.  After getting in an arguement over where the 10mm wrench was at since he had to have used it to remove the brake caliper bolts on his side, we realized that one caliper had no bolts holding it on to the car.  :O This was a car that ran 11.50 on the motor and 10.60 on the bottle.  He had never worked on the rear brakes since he had bought the car two years before that.

It reassured me I do the right thing spending the time to look at every part of a used car after I bring it home.  You never know what idiot worked on it before you.

This!

I completely go over used cars I buy, and end up replacing many parts just because I can't trust them, or the previous owner's / mechanic's skill level.

What's that saying? Pig in a poke?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal