Author Topic: americans (my stupid thought of the day)  (Read 3893 times)

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
americans (my stupid thought of the day)
« on: April 30 2011, 01:51:05 PM »
i've been going though alot of stress lately. well past 5 years actually, non stop stress.

year 1: being fired for no reason (boss lost his mind in the middle of the night and closed the company up..) it was one of them "too good to be true jobs". working 3-4 days a week still making $45k a year and in college. a total non stress job. (for any truck driver out there it was 90% all drop and hook) was getting the best grades i ever got in school.. but after losign the job... i had to drop out of school.

year 2-5: moved to fl.. i hate it, hate my job making almost no money the pay check to pay check thing dont even equal out.

year 5 (now) has alot of stress. taking a huge shot in the dark and as of the end of may i'll own my own truck and be in business for myself.  i've had more stress in the past week then i've had in a real long time.

now that i'm in fl i have no friends here and my buick.. well its laid up for a while.. so nothing fun to do! go out? sure.. if i had a normal schedule (split shift)

anyway, so i was researching stress. apparently stress is a major cause of obesity. so i was thinking.. maybe america's problem with obesity has to do with stress more so then the fast food and what not? hell i know i'm the heavyest i've ever been.. and i eat the same as i always did!
87 GN- :D
2011 Jeep Liberty.. its trail rated!

Offline chrisgarrett

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: americans (my stupid thought of the day)
« Reply #1 on: April 30 2011, 08:13:25 PM »
The fact that you would share this information about yourself is a pretty good indication that you are indeed stressed out and need to release some of it by talking.  As far as the gaining weight goes, you may be eating the same, but you are getting older and you metalbolism does slow down.  Also, you may not be as active.  
An excellent way to relieve stress and get your mind off of your problem is to begin a healthy regimen of diet and exercise.  Get involed in making yourself healthy again.  Get in the gym and start doing cardio and lifting.  You'll feel good about yourself and take you mind off of some of the stressful things.
It sounds like you need to make some changes in your life.  Do it.  Good Luck.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30 2011, 08:30:18 PM »
Find yourself a Ethiopian wife. She will serve you shit on a stick every night with a large dish of attitude. You will drop a 100lbs and the truck problems will be minor compared to your new sweetheart.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30 2011, 09:28:37 PM »
Quote from: "chrisgarrett @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:13 pm"
The fact that you would share this information about yourself is a pretty good indication that you are indeed stressed out and need to release some of it by talking.

Offline TSM Girl

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30 2011, 09:38:58 PM »
Stress Sucks.           Ed, that cracked me up.   :rofl;
Donna

"Stupid people should NOT breed!"

DCEPTCN

« Reply #5 on: April 30 2011, 11:07:29 PM »
Yo 'Boid- first off, anyone in the driving business puts on weight. It's just part of the job. If I may, I'll recommend looking into a book called The Abs Diet. It's all about managing your metabolism. While I can't claim to look like the Cat Woman myself, I've had a bit of success with applying it's techniques and spreading my caloric intake out over the course of the day.The hard part is forcing yourself to eat 6 times each day, but it's worth it. Also, the driving profession is 100% stress. The Hurry Up And Wait mentality permeates all of your day and can drive you insane. If anything you should feel bad for me- I just got certified and will be a trainer in a week's time...yikes. The only thing that's helped me (other than my love for my daughter) is my passion for writing music. Now, I don't know what you love doing, but in my opinion you've gotta spend more time on it. Create goals and work on them- as fucking cheesy as that is. In the last few years my life has been similar to yours in some ways. I sold a very lucrative business to go do something that I enjoy. Then the marriage fell apart (hi, cunt! ). Lost my house, spend 28 days a month in the truck, and worst of all I haven't the means with which to work on my love, music. *But*, in my head all day I'm writing, I'm sheetrocking the new studio room in the house I hope to buy within the next year, I'm booking gigs at the bar up the road from where I 'live', etc. I wish ya luck working things out in your head, bro- but until then, enjoy how these folks think all you do is hold a steering wheel for a living.  :supz:

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01 2011, 07:00:44 AM »
We've all been through rough stuff, you're not alone. What got me by most times was just one thought: if it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger. When I quit smoking I went from 130 to 165 in a month. You'll do o.k, keep talking.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01 2011, 11:39:50 AM »
Rob,  owning both a Buick and a VW can make you feel this way too!  

Keep working hard and it will pay off.  That is the american dream isn't it?
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01 2011, 12:25:13 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Sun May 01, 2011 10:39 am"
Rob,

DCEPTCN

« Reply #9 on: May 01 2011, 12:32:36 PM »
Meh, if I can get a Prostar I'll be happy.

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01 2011, 01:28:35 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:07 pm"
..I'm sheetrocking the new studio room in the house I hope to buy within the next year, ...
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline gbsean

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buickperfomancegroup.com
« Reply #11 on: May 01 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
drink more beer...problem s seem to fade away....just kidding it is all part of life....as said what does not kill you makes you stronger...

DCEPTCN

« Reply #12 on: May 01 2011, 09:52:53 PM »
Quote from: "daveismissing @ Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 am"
Double layer, resilient channel in between?
Glory hole, hidden gun safe.

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01 2011, 10:29:23 PM »
Quote from: "DCEPTCN @ Sun May 01, 2011 8:52 pm"
Glory hole, hidden gun safe.

The first wreaks havoc with the acoustical isolation.
I suppose the zombies will wait while you spin the tumblers.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02 2011, 08:37:39 AM »
Quote from: "gbsean @ Sun May 01, 2011 8:47 pm"
drink more beer...problem s seem to fade away....just kidding it is all part of life....as said what does not kill you makes you stronger...

Not sure who said that, somewhat true.  :bigeyes;

AJ___

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal