Author Topic: Chip question  (Read 1685 times)

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Chip question
« on: May 23 2014, 09:24:48 PM »
I have a TT chip, however I just got in a extender G chip so I can take advantage of the Gen2 options. I just installed it and at idle the car runs real rough like a super lopy cam and blows out quite a bit of smoke, if I tap the gas it acts like it's going dead and goes back to a crazy sounding cam idle.
Any suggestions? Chip was program with all my upgrades as far as I know. When I put TT chip back in all is good...Thanks for feedback...
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Chip question
« Reply #1 on: May 24 2014, 12:07:48 AM »
obviously not programmed correctly for your set up.  Seems the instructions are not as clear cut as the TT chips.  You need to find someone that has successfully mastered the Extender so you can get it to run as well as the TT chip
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Chip question
« Reply #2 on: May 24 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
Good news I got it fired up , had to take 20% fuel out and is running smoother! had to make some internal changes on the GEN2 for its communication with extender G chip, so I guess my idle is good now. I eased into it alittle and my knock alarm started raising hell just as boost started to ramp up....so frustrating. Starting to wish I could hit the rewind button and go with the no MAF set up. It took me 6 months to get these parts and engine together all due to a head gasket failure. If this SOB blows again cause I'm to stupid to tune the car I don't know what the hell is next....this I know...I'm broke hehe.
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal