Author Topic: 84 Lear Siegler seat Bun?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Bob-Lob-Law

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
84 Lear Siegler seat Bun?
« on: July 05 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
I have been looking to re-upholster my 84 Lier Siegler seats for some time now but I'm thinking that replacing the bun would be wise as well.  Problem is I cannot find any buns that will fit the Lier Siegler seats.  Kirban's and Gbodyparts don't have any that will fit.  The closest I could find were these:  http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/products/1982%252d83-Camaro-LS-%E2%80%9CCouture%E2%80%9D-Lowback-Buckets-%7B47%7D-Pace-Car-Seat-Foam,-Sold-in-Pairs-ONLY.html

The driver's side looks like the right size with the cut out for the knee support, but they are only sold in pairs. 

Any help would be appreciated.  :cheers:

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 84 Lear Siegler seat Bun?
« Reply #1 on: July 05 2014, 10:04:24 PM »
I love the Lear seats!  Shoulda been in all the tbs.
what is wrong with your buns that need to be replaced?
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Bob-Lob-Law

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06 2014, 10:21:12 AM »
I got the seats off of ebay 9 years ago and they were in mint condition.  However the fabric has worn a lot and needs replacing.  As far as I can tell, the buns are in good shape, but they are 30 years old.  So, I figured if I'm going to replace the upholstery, I might as well replace the buns while I'm at it.  It's starting to look like the buns are not going to be replaced. 

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09 2014, 11:11:56 PM »
As long as their not cut or gouged up, I bet you'll be just fine for years to come  :cheers:
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal