Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Auto Tech / Re: New to me Truck 2005 GMC Sierra
« Last post by Steve Wood on Today at 05:25:35 PM »
No longer sitting in your drive?
General Auto Tech / Re: New to me Truck 2005 GMC Sierra
« Last post by Scoobum on Today at 09:36:58 AM »
That year of GMC is easily stolen. Ask me how I know.
I  used the cheapass fuel filters from the local parts store and had zero issues with them...and I swapped a new pump and filter in every spring before the race season fired up.
Those fuel lines connections can be a whore...they'll wanna spin the line. Spray the fuck out of them with WD-40 24 hours in advance...and use the proper line wrenches. If it wants to spin the line spray it with WD-40 and wait. This ain't your DD so take your time.
General Buick Tech / Re: Update on future build
« Last post by Scoobum on Today at 06:23:38 AM »
The turbo drain line is definitely leaking. That's my next hurdle to clear up. Smh. I switched over to studs which makes the job a little easier but the leak is still present. The drain hose I'm certain I can address.

If you're using a cool guy return line...don't. The stocker is ribbed for a reason. Patrick Rubio can tell you why. Jason may have return line gaskets.
General Buick Tech / Re: Fuel tank and pump, electrolysis on tank? New pump?
« Last post by Scoobum on April 25 2024, 02:46:56 PM »
That rust is gonna be everywhere. Swap in a new fuel filter. I'd pull the injectors and have them cleaned.
« Last post by Steve Wood on April 25 2024, 01:54:41 PM »
yes, they are
« Last post by phil_long on April 25 2024, 12:44:35 PM »
Those RJC gaskets are really nice. I might try those actually after the retorque
« Last post by phil_long on April 25 2024, 12:41:34 PM »
The turbo drain line is definitely leaking. That's my next hurdle to clear up. Smh. I switched over to studs which makes the job a little easier but the leak is still present. The drain hose I'm certain I can address.
General Buick Tech / Re: Fuel tank and pump, electrolysis on tank? New pump?
« Last post by nocooler on April 25 2024, 11:48:46 AM »
I would replace the old rubber with a quality rubber high-pressure fuel line. You can buy it by the foot at parts stores. Get the correct clamps as well and you won't have problems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal