Author Topic: Not to start a ****fest or anything but..  (Read 6655 times)

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.throttlebodys.com
Not to start a ****fest or anything but..
« on: February 27 2012, 08:38:47 AM »
Is there any use in going to a forum for information when that info isn't allowed?

"I have removed a few vendors this morning from our "Supporting Vendor" list! Please take note of these changes when buying new products for your TR! Please support the Vendors that support this board!I am asking members to remove these vendors from your signatures as soon as possible. After a few weeks I will start removing them myself..."
2004 Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab
2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport 4WD, V-6
1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold
2006 Itasca Navion Motorhome

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Not to start a ****fest or anything but..
« Reply #1 on: February 27 2012, 09:03:07 AM »
Odd - you can't have non-supporting vendors in sigs?
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
And feel free to say "shit" here. :P
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27 2012, 09:07:57 AM »
Yeah it's about the money. Not the cars. Anyone thinks these forums are catastrophical ly expensive needs a re-think.
I wonder if you can post that a throttle body you have for sale in the classifieds section was machined by Jay Jackson or that other guy?  :rolleyes;
1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
I assume they want you to become a "supporting vendor"?
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
I dunno, I can't blame the guy for trying to make a bit of profit by putting up banners for vendors that want to pay in for the advertising, and then ban other non paying businesses from doing advertising on his site.

he just can't go around saying that all the best info and Buick products are right on his website.  and I don't think I've ever seen Shane say something like that. (could be wrong)
I would imagine that any extra $$$ he can make, is going to fund the tb.com nationals he's been putting on.  and my hats off to anybody tryin to get a tb exclusive event going, in today's economy.

I don't agree with the petty moderating that goes on.  but it obviously doesn't bother me all that much since I still do post there from time to time.
this site and the people on it is totally doing it for me :rock:
thank you supa6 :rock:
I don't know what it cost to run this site, but you could set up a donation box somewheres?
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline $1987 GN$

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27 2012, 10:11:45 AM »
Is there any use in going to a forum for information when that info isn't allowed?

"I have removed a few vendors this morning from our "Supporting Vendor" list! Please take note of these changes when buying new products for your TR! Please support the Vendors that support this board!I am asking members to remove these vendors from your signatures as soon as possible. After a few weeks I will start removing them myself..."

I dunno, I can't blame the guy for trying to make a bit of profit by putting up banners for vendors that want to pay in for the advertising, and then ban other non paying businesses from doing advertising on his site.

he just can't go around saying that all the best info and Buick products are right on his website.  and I don't think I've ever seen Shane say something like that. (could be wrong)
I would imagine that any extra $$$ he can make, is going to fund the tb.com nationals he's been putting on.  and my hats off to anybody tryin to get a tb exclusive event going, in today's economy.

I don't agree with the petty moderating that goes on.  but it obviously doesn't bother me all that much since I still do post there from time to time.
I don't know what it cost to run this site, but you could set up a donation box somewheres?

There is a lot more that has gone on and is going on there that most do not know.

I have not been there since he called a friend of mine a liar and he knew absolutely nothing of what happened.  I do miss the camaraderie of the other people that I know there.

I told him he needs to apologize to him!

Not likely will that ever happen.

Yes he has done some things to help out the hobby . . .

AJ___

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 27 2012, 10:23:36 AM »
LOL

SOS, what else is new?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27 2012, 10:24:23 AM »

Nobody approached me about being a vendor there but these cars are 25 yrs old and I don't sell enough Buick TBs to pay for an ad.

Fact: 90% of the vendors started out small.

Fact: Protecting big vendors and locking out start-ups only does good for the big vendors and the forum owner.

Fact: The members don't get the best prices from the big vendors and the start-up vendors are ham-strung from the get go and that slows down or prevents new innovations from reaching the market.

Over there it's not about the cars. It's about his money. 

1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27 2012, 10:33:33 AM »

I think people that make a significant amount of sales, should pay to be vendors. Including some For Sale/Trade people that sell a LOT< like that Alvaro guy.
I don't agree to censoring the signature area though. Unless it's to block the massive pictures some have.

Seriously? an 800x600 pic in your fuckin sig?

One of the compelling reasons for me to install Adblock.

As far as what it costs to run this place - it was $12/per mo before, (For the last 6 years or so) the new server is free, I sell them most of the hardware they use. If I *was* paying for this server, it would be ~50.00 per month. TB.com pays a lot for the server and hosting, they need to with their traffic.

Even if it wasn't free, it's a labor of love - I like doing this, and wouldn't take donations. I really appreciate the offer though.

I won't lie, if this place gets a ton of traffic, I might put up paid banners - but I don't see that happening, this will never be a source of income for me.

'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27 2012, 10:48:27 AM »

Nobody approached me about being a vendor there but these cars are 25 yrs old and I don't sell enough Buick TBs to pay for an ad.

Fact: 90% of the vendors started out small.

Fact: Protecting big vendors and locking out start-ups only does good for the big vendors and the forum owner.

Fact: The members don't get the best prices from the big vendors and the start-up vendors are ham-strung from the get go and that slows down or prevents new innovations from reaching the market.

Over there it's not about the cars. It's about his money. 

I do see your point
 :icon_kidra:

I straight up admit I don't know most that goes on with all that stuff
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
I think people that make a significant amount of sales, should pay to be vendors. Including some For Sale/Trade people that sell a LOT< like that Alvaro guy.
I don't agree to censoring the signature area though. Unless it's to block the massive pictures some have.

Seriously? an 800x600 pic in your fuckin sig?

One of the compelling reasons for me to install Adblock.

As far as what it costs to run this place - it was $12/per mo before, (For the last 6 years or so) the new server is free, I sell them most of the hardware they use. If I *was* paying for this server, it would be ~50.00 per month. TB.com pays a lot for the server and hosting, they need to with their traffic.

Even if it wasn't free, it's a labor of love - I like doing this, and wouldn't take donations. I really appreciate the offer though.

I won't lie, if this place gets a ton of traffic, I might put up paid banners - but I don't see that happening, this will never be a source of income for me.

That's one of the reasons I lke it over here personally Mark. The BS that goes on over on the big board gets to be a little much some times. I will say that Shane has favorites on the board when it comes to the vendors on the board though, and there's a lot of BS that goes on that most don't see. The vendor thing is one thing that I'd like to straighten out. There's lots of guys that're making part of thier living off the board and don't give back in any way. ttaowner was one of them until he was called on it. He pays his dues and his income has gone up sice he became a vendor. He's also contributing more on the board which it's all about.

Yes, I'm a mod over there and I do like the power sometimes and I know tb3 may be speaking about me since I changed one of his posts for the better. :add_wegbrech: The rules are more lax over here which is nice as well. :rock:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27 2012, 01:26:51 PM »
I'm not a big fan of the "protected species" aura that many Buick vendors get. Yes, I am glad there's somewhere to buy parts, but I won't worship a vendor because he has decided to sell Buick parts. It's a business, and I don't think any are doing for the love of the brand, they are making something off of it.

There's a few "mainstream" vendors I don't do business with - and never will, aside from the obvious one, if you know any history between us.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Egomaniacs.

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
Not having links in sigs I can understand, is he sayin' don't name them?

So who is no longer a vendor?

Supporting Vendors
----------------
Arizona GN
Alradco
Alkycontrol
Baer Brake Systems
CK PERFORMANCE
Cotton's Performance
Extreme Automatics
Full Throttle Speed & Style
GbodyParts.com