Author Topic: nocooler's firechicken thread  (Read 236800 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Reply #735 on: July 31 2019, 08:01:30 PM »
I cannot believe they hesitated on giving your money back.  One call to the right people and they should be in danger of losing their license.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Online nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 31 2019, 09:01:08 PM »
They thought they were going above and beyond by offering to keep him inside all day, while all the other kids could play outside. How is that fair for him? I just can't believe these morons. We wanted him to go to daycare to play with other kids, he can watch tv and play video games here all day with me for free. [size=78%] [/size]
IhaveaV8

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 31 2019, 09:30:36 PM »
Back to car stuff.
I need tires for the car, 6 in total. A complete set for the stock 16x8 “Street” wheels, so some decent performance fronts and drag radials out back. Then front runners for the 15x3.5 wheels in my “drag” setup. It’s currently got a Mickey sportsman on it I need to check and see if they are 4 or 8 ply.
16” performance tire options are getting slim and pricy. So I’m considering a drag radial for the drag setup instead of the existing slick and new front runners.
So buy 4 tires and run the drag setup 24x7 - and Use the stock wheels for storage only.
My only concern is being able to consistently hook the radial. It’s yet again another thing in the combo I’ve changed.

IhaveaV8

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 28 2019, 05:13:37 PM »
Yesterday I changed muffler on my wife’s civic. Both bolts backed out 3 turns and snapped. I had to twist the factory nuts to break the tack welds. But I couldn’t get a socket on it with the bolt sticking out. Out came the cutoff, 1st one cut fine, 2nd one I somehow managed to cut into the intermediate pipe. Out came the welder and grinder to fix my mistake. Dropped a tack on it and smoked a hole in the pipe. I took the welder off kill, cleaned everything up and got it all sealed up. One of those it should take a half hour jobs, and took the afternoon.

Today I spent some time with the car. I worked on the wiring under the car, just needs to be terminated in the car. The trans cooler fan is no joke it moves some decent air!
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 28 2019, 09:44:06 PM »
sounds like an average day to me! :rock:
Steve Wood

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 03 2019, 03:05:39 PM »
So yeah - I managed to walk an average of 4 miles a day for the entire month of August. Last year it was 1.8miles. I must be feeling better.
Went out and worked on the car a little today. I took some time to clean the shop up, one of the garage doors was installed about an 1 inch to high. I offered to help fix it but my dad is perfectly happy with the way it is. I need to just suck it up and find a contractor/builder and get going on a shop.
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 03 2019, 04:52:22 PM »
We Dads can be contrary at times!  :D

If you can walk four miles a day, then I would say you have made a heckuva lot progress!  It takes a tremendous will to recover from what you have endured.  I know it really affects both you and the family in a very positive way.
Steve Wood

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 10 2019, 12:33:35 PM »
I ended up making a crows foot like tool to get that bastard overflow fitting out of the transmission. Worked perfect - took the old fitting out and installed the new one with it.  I got the pedals swapped over today! Not a bad job unless you have a door bar right in the way. Just plugging away knocking out what I can.
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 13 2019, 10:32:33 AM »
Still looking for a Harley to cruise down and watch you beat on it next spring. I retire on the 29th of November. I'll have plenty of time on my hands.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 13 2019, 03:59:33 PM »

Congrats! That's awesome Brad!
I got quite a bit knocked out on it this week - hopefully I can continue at this pace. I decided to re-do all the wiring I've added to the car over the years, so I yanked pretty much everything out. I'm in I really don't want to do this again mode - so I've just been taking my time, soldering joints, heat shrink, and looming them in bigger heat shrink keeping everything nice and tidy. Intake needs to come off so I can clean it out, and install the fuel rails. By the time I get the intake off half of the wiring harness is unplugged, I'm really tempted to throw the Holley in it. I've been holding off on doing anything on the fuel system with the humidity being 80%+ all week, as the fumes/smell would never leave. Other than wiring and fuel system plumbing - it's just gears, tires, tune, and sort all the self inflicted issues out. 

IhaveaV8

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 18 2019, 03:45:50 PM »
Wiring is nice and clean and 85% done. I went to install the console so I could start connecting the ashtray switch plate, but it doesn't fit like it should. Damn shifter is barely touching a tab, so it distorts it and makes the upper console not fit. I thought I checked this like 100 times. Hopefully, I have enough wiggle room to make it work without redrilling everything. I decided that was a good place to call it a day.
The holley is staying in it's box until next year.
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 18 2019, 08:24:34 PM »
Pick away at it during the winter...no rush.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Online nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 27 2019, 12:11:53 PM »
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 27 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
It should be cooling down up there enough to make a good push on the beast!  More buttons than a jet liner!
Steve Wood

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 27 2019, 02:44:25 PM »
It didn't start! :P
I was out a couple weeks ago in the car and the spoolup was insane.  Just touched the gas and the car was gone!!  Love this cooler weather.  Apparently they will be running at the track tomorrow.  So it will probably be 4'C in the morning with a high of 10'C.  Should be some good times if the guys can hook but they usually spray the crap out of the track in this weather.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal