Author Topic: TB.com  (Read 14137 times)

Offline kma697

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
TB.com
« on: January 11 2007, 08:50:39 PM »
Why does no one seemingly go to TB.com????  Thats where I spend most of my time and I haven't had any problems yet???  Just curious.
DSR #420
89 TTA #602
89 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert.
03 Cobra

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
TB.com
« Reply #1 on: January 11 2007, 09:44:15 PM »
I can't speak for everyone here, but I read that site about once a week. I don't post there because I really have nothing to offer the TR community in the way of tech.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
TB.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11 2007, 09:46:32 PM »
Oh, and the reason I post here is that I have met most of the people here. I post in spite of those meetings, BTW.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
TB.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11 2007, 10:10:29 PM »
Uh huh, what Greg said. I post here and at turbobuicks.co m as they don't put up with bullshit over there, same as here.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline kma697

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Re: TB.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11 2007, 10:37:09 PM »
(In my best southern accent).....Well yall gotta come down here for Cruisin the Coast so I can meet yall as well ya hear!
DSR #420
89 TTA #602
89 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert.
03 Cobra

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12 2007, 12:17:29 AM »
Robert should take you captive to Nevada.
Rob

Offline kma697

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
All he has to do is ask.....I don't know if we had met yet anyway.
DSR #420
89 TTA #602
89 Mustang LX 5.0 Vert.
03 Cobra

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #7 on: January 12 2007, 10:32:19 AM »
Quote from: "Racer X @ Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:44 pm"
I can't speak for everyone here, but I read that site about once a week. I don't post there because I really have nothing to offer the TR community in the way of tech.

----------------------
Greg: May I disagree with that statement? I am sure that you are qualified more than most anybody in at least the Suspension section, and probably a lot of other areas also. They may not be as heavy into Pro-touring as the official Pro-touting site but there are some on TB.com that their interests lie primarily in that area.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #8 on: January 12 2007, 12:52:06 PM »
Greg you are A-OK in my book!!  I agree with Gary!

I post sometimes at TB.kom now that Shane bought the site.  I have no problem with Shane or Jay.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
TB.com
« Reply #9 on: January 12 2007, 01:03:17 PM »
I dont go there because I guess I'm holding a grudge. A long time ago, when I first bought my GN, I had questions after researching about power plates. Some idiot, who was a frequent poster, jumped my case calling me an idiot and stupid. I was like "shit dude, I'm new to all this". It kinda started another powerplate war with some guys pro and some against. I figured that all thoes guys were clowns so I acted like one also...started talking shit back in defence. The owner of the board was cool with me even though I went on a rage over there defending myself.

I left figuring that if they didnt want a newcommer comming in asking questions I'll just leave. I laid back in the dark only researching tb and tbs till t6p came about. I just went and searched for evidence at tb...found none.

Things are different now over there. Maybe it's better?
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
I post in the southwest section

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12 2007, 06:31:38 PM »
Fwiw:
I will admit that each and every board/site is not for everybody, but a lot of things have changed over there, not only when Shane took over, but starting about six months or a year or so before, or somewhere along in there, they realized that they might be little unchangeable in some areas, and started to take a good hard look at what they could change without jepoardizing the board. They started allowing pictures to be posted, there were no more disappearing people and / or posts. They are critical on foul language, swearing, cussing, cursing, call it what you will, and of course racial remarks, thing of that nature. Nude pictures, stuff NWS, things like that are a no-no. If they ever were overly protective of supporting vendors, and I am not saying that they were or not, they don't appear to be that way now. Shane and all of the staff take ownership, administrative, and moderator duties seriously, but very fairly. I even think that a while back, they openly invited even the previously "banned people" back. Some returned, some didn't. I really think that if you try it and give it a fair chance, you will like the improvements that have been made over there. If nothing else, drop down and say "hello" in the Southwestern section, especially if you are in the greater Southwestern section of the U.S., and definitely if you are in the So Cal area. Really can't hurt to check it out. When in need of assistance for knowledge, part #'s, parts availability, vendor support, or whatever, there is just no sense in relying on 1 or 2 boards when you can increase that to 3 or 4, or even 5 or 6 boards. Shane's/TB.com's current membership is about 17,100 or so. Now all those people can't be wrong. The more people that post on all boards, the more that the boards will get along whether they want or not. I am not asking or suggesting that anybody "jump ship" and desert any board, only that you give TB.com a fighting chance to be one of your boards too. If you find something that you don't like, or think is unfair, please drop me a line on e-mail and I will at least suggest the idea or areas of unsatisfaction to administration, (and hopefully not get thrown off the board), and see if changes can be made in that area.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #12 on: January 12 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
I was tempted to join, just to stick up for Scott Wile a while back, a couple of people were bagging on the man.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #13 on: January 12 2007, 08:14:04 PM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:04 pm"
I was tempted to join, just to stick up for Scott Wile a while back, a couple of people were bagging on the man.

---------------------------------------
I like and respect Scott, good person with a good head on his shoulders, but I don't ever remember a couple of people bagging on him, but I do know of 1 that bags on him, but it stays pretty equal and I don't like to interfere any more than necessary unless someone starts using offensive language, or starts bagging on someone's relatives or friends that were not involved in the original fragmentation. And you are welcome to join in the defense of someone at anytime. Actually, you're just welcome at anytime for any reason. You know that.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
TB.com
« Reply #14 on: January 12 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
You owe me a gin and tonic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal