Author Topic: RJC Power plates  (Read 15729 times)

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Re: RJC Power plates
« Reply #30 on: March 30 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
I have the power plate and PTE plenum running turbotweak chip and alkycontrol, ta61 turbo, champion irons, 24 psi,no knock ever.  Simple setup that just works.
« Last Edit: April 02 2018, 08:37:36 AM by Top Speed »
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline ss/gn

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
Many myths and shoulda ,woulda, coulda's  were put to bed lately! Some people will just never listen. I am a believer. This Russ character could tune a wheel barrow. :rofl: The only thing I cant believe is some grumpy old guy bought a FAST system........ ..........what is the world coming to?  :icon_lol:
It's just a six cylinder, you can't loose
Kevin

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
This Russ character could tune a wheel barrow. :rofl: The only thing I cant believe is some grumpy old guy bought a FAST system........ ..........what  is the world coming to?  :icon_lol:

Russ and Melissa are get it done people.  :cool; No is not in their vocabulary. They learn things quick. Me ... I'd say Ill think about it tomorrow :icon_redface: After watching them at Cals I actually started to understand some of the gibberish :rofl: Then Holly said "oh we have a few systems in stock" The information and control control CONTROL is the name of the game. How could I not say give me one of them !  Plus it's another job for Russ !!  :rock: The Power Plate testing was very interesting to watch.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01 2018, 06:58:58 AM »
Lately I've seen and know some who have moved onto the new Holley EFI Dominator system.   It's in the same price range when all is done and years ahead in technology.  Good to see Buick still has choices available.
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/dominator_efi/dominator_ecu/parts/554-114
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #34 on: April 01 2018, 09:10:41 AM »
Or the MS3 which is also working well. The management system market has blown up
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
I believe Fast is goin to update also. Hell look at all the cars now that get tuned !!! Before it was Buicks an Mustangs :cool;

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
The problem with aftermarket fuel management systems is this. If you don't understand them and don't know how to tune...then everytime you go to the track...then you have to bring someone that does.
« Last Edit: April 01 2018, 05:07:34 PM by Scoobum »
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01 2018, 05:37:09 PM »
The problem with aftermarket fuel management systems is this. If you don't understand them and don't know how to tune...then everytime you go to the track...then you have to bring someone that does.

And that is why I say simple people like me should stick to chips !! I have Russ at my beckon call. ( I can say that because he isn't on the net much  :rofl: ). Years ago I just did 11 sec cars.Hell even today most should be happy with one BUT they get on the net an look at all these new combo's an decide they want to run 9's. Couldn't be bothered with quicker one's that were not very dependable and didn't run for crap because they couldn't tune their own stuff. 80% of these people should have chips. :player:

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
Anyone price out an MS3 with the complete buick ignition setup?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01 2018, 08:23:19 PM »
you can ask william
Steve Wood

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02 2018, 12:15:50 AM »
Anyone price out an MS3 with the complete buick ignition setup?
I believe the MS3 plug and play for turbo buick had an initial price tag of $1450ish. I'm waiting for it to hit the market and be proven. No one can tell us what capabilities the plug and play will have. Will it be able to do all the stuff that it's big brother the MS3 can? Obviously, inputs are in question as folks like to log fuel pressure and other data. Personally, I'd like to have a wideband on each exhaust tube to really dial in the tune.  Drive pressure would be nice too as well as a coolant pressure sensor.  Tuner studio is the software it uses and its proven, hell, it's even free. 

I've been studying these after market fuel management systems for over a year.  Talked with a lot of folks, read a lot of stuff and even spent two days at a class for tuning aftermarket fuel management systems. The new Holley system is very similiar to the Motek software. MS3 version 2.2 has some glitches in the hardware. MS3 version 1.0 is solid with many options. Buick folks tend to stick with FAST. Not sure why but the FAST stuff is proven just not capable of many inputs or outputs. The newer stuff with CAN networks are catching on big time with their capability of communicating with the newer transmissions.

I spoke with William a few weeks back about the plug and play MS3. Downloaded the MS3 manual, all 700+ pages.

Got to hand it to Eric for piggy backing off the stock ECU.  The SD2 has more functionality than the sportsman from FAST, in my opinion. Big advantage to the sportsman though on the processors speed of fuel corrections and the adaptive learning makes drivability really nice. Sitting in the car for hours on end tuning for idle, startup, tip in, acceleration enrichment, IAC speed makes the advantage to the SD2.

That's about all I have to say about that for now
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02 2018, 03:07:51 PM »
Just fired up the GN. 37F with Erics 5.7 race chip and 112 in the tank. Barely touched the key and it fired immediately. Put a cup of coffee on the hood and you won't get a ripple out of it...it idles that smooth with 80's. XFI and its cohorts make me giggle.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline ss/gn

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03 2018, 07:05:29 AM »
I am not smart enough to play with that FAST stuff  :icon_lol:.............. ........but I am learning.  :cheers:
It's just a six cylinder, you can't loose
Kevin

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Start with the Short Bus option and move up when you are ready
Steve Wood

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
I don’t know what the ms3 pnp has for I/o but it does have a can port. A couple can cables a can hub and a microsquirt would get you more than enough additional I/O. http://www.msextra.com/product-range/expansion/microsquirt-io-box/

All these new systems are extremely capable, but is the person behind the keyboard?

People would get their panties in a bunch if someone made a pnp cable for a microsquirt!
IhaveaV8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal