Author Topic: Winter Upgrades-Non TR's Included  (Read 17275 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Winter Upgrades-Non TR's Included
« on: October 16 2017, 11:04:15 AM »
What's your list of winter upgrades? Non TR toys included in this thread...for those who no longer have a TR.

Crap I have to do on my TR. Rocker cover gaskets...new exhaust housing...get Eric to reburn this chip...change rear diff lube...new spark plugs...new valve springs... new front brake pads.

Change spark plugs on the R1...and possibly TPS sensors.

Possibly chrome out the 2010 2500 HD I tow the GN with.
« Last Edit: October 16 2017, 12:22:37 PM by Scoobum »
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Upgrades-Non TR's Included
« Reply #1 on: October 16 2017, 03:37:08 PM »
The short-short version:
Build a light-weight Muncie backed twin turbo LS MCSS (just got all the hot parts for the LS)
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/copo-monte-carlo-ss.61336/ ;
Building a bulletproof 4L70E for the TBSS (dropped the hard parts off this morning (300M shafts and Sonnax Smart Tech housing))
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/1882228-4l70e-build-tbss.html ; and
Change the 4L60E in the wagon for a 4L80E (because maybe Drag Week 2018)
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/1980-pontiac-lemans-station-wagon-its-alive.49375/ .

Unfortunately with all this work I don't have the time to keep up all the build threads on multiple boards.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17 2017, 07:32:37 PM »
The plan is to finally replace all the suspension bushings as they are original, and maybe finally get my door windows properly adjusted. 
87 Regal Limited

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18 2017, 10:14:17 AM »
Started one of mine last night. I have the pypes exhaust and never liked how the tail pipes basically bolted to the frame with just a poly bushing to keep vibration down....not effective. I hate squeaks and rattles so I got some rubber hangers, cut the old brackets off and welded on some new hangers and made new brackets for them to mount to in factory location. This solid mount system Pypes had always rattled stuff in the trunk/rear area so I pulled the rear seat to see what I could isolate with rubber or whatever. Found several places that might be making noise so I took care of those. Behind the seat between the cabin and trunk GM has this carpet pad type insulation with plastic on it for sound deadening, it was tore in several placed and crumbling so I cut it off even with the trunk floor and threw it away. Got everything back together last night so took it to work today. Hard to believe but holy shit did that stuff stop ALOT of exhaust noise...ALOT! I'll have to get some new sound deadener and replace it because it is stupid loud in the cabin now.

The wife asked last night sarcastically when I went out to work on it " are you ever going to be done "fixing" it?     Silly woman  :rock:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
Get my car running!  Install motor, the new turbo, 80 lb injectors and pray!  This summer I cleaned up my 85 RZ350 and put it on the road, bike has 2600 miles on it.  I might repaint and stroke my 86 RZ350.  Here is a pic of the 85.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
Looks gorgeous! I had a Daytona RD 400 in another lifetime...wis h I still had it.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18 2017, 12:59:20 PM »
Looks gorgeous! I had a Daytona RD 400 in another lifetime...wis h I still had it.

Thanks!  All these 2 smokers are going up in value.  I saw one like mine with 4700 miles sell for $6100 pounds in the UK.  A nice example RD400 is fetching a nice price too.

Offline 1 RARE T

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 2
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18 2017, 02:24:32 PM »

I might paint the calipers on my daily driver?

« Last Edit: October 18 2017, 02:31:23 PM by 1 RARE T »

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18 2017, 07:48:38 PM »
1984 my last bike

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18 2017, 09:43:08 PM »
Firebird - I haven't finished this years upgrades yet! I'll spend next year for me it to get it all sorted back out!

Escape - will get replaced once I decide it's worth $400 a month to replace a vehicle that I drive 20-30miles a week.

Wife's Honda Civic - will get its yearly air filter, car wash, 2 oil changes and the tires might get rotated.

Kids powerwheels - 12v upgrade, maybe some buttons, switches, lights to play with. They aren't quite ready for a gas powered toy so we might have to get another power wheels so they can ride together or have one each so that they can race.

That rd is awesome. My dad raced his h2 when I was 5-6. I love how the 2 strokes sound.

IhaveaV8

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20 2017, 10:04:12 AM »

That rd is awesome. My dad raced his h2 when I was 5-6. I love how the 2 strokes sound.

It's an RZ but across the pond they do call them RD's.  Thanks for the compliment, I was just going to clean it up and the next thing I know I had down to bare frame.  Oh well at least I was able to grease everything. The H2 is a wicked bike!  Nice ones are fetching $10k or more.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11 2017, 12:57:48 PM »
Mike - stay away from the RST clutch if you plan to put sticky tires on the MCSS. The RXT is plenty smooth and holds like a mofo. Sorry I was just skimming your threads on the gbody forum. Did you pick a turbo yet?
IhaveaV8

Offline ss/gn

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12 2017, 08:28:02 AM »

That's a big job for an old guy!
It's just a six cylinder, you can't loose
Kevin

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12 2017, 08:43:50 PM »
Mike - stay away from the RST clutch if you plan to put sticky tires on the MCSS. The RXT is plenty smooth and holds like a mofo. Sorry I was just skimming your threads on the gbody forum. Did you pick a turbo yet?

RXT. Got it.  Thanks!
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12 2017, 10:21:18 PM »

That's a big job for an old guy!

I filled my washer fluid reservoir?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal