Author Topic: Hellcat Shopping  (Read 8357 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcat Shopping
« Reply #15 on: June 07 2017, 12:36:43 PM »
Like I always tell people, get what you want!  I posted a while back seeing them advertised here for $79K, so I'm sure you can do better than that.  Let us know how you make out! :cheers:

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Just got a call back from our insurance broker: $870-879/yr depending if it is a 2015 or 2016/17 MY. Canadian dollars.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
Only cuz your postal code is the middle of no-where
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 07 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
that is not bad at all!  imo
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07 2017, 01:34:57 PM »
Only cuz your postal code is the middle of no-where

Haha! True.  But, nobody is forced to live in the GTA.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
Good Luck shopping Mike. I grew up on Mopars so the older ones bring back a lot of memories.  :cheers: 
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07 2017, 02:43:07 PM »
Couldnt you pick up a 13 or 14 low mile challanger and add a procharger and other  improvements and end up with a faster/better car for quite a bit less $$$     plus the fun of doing it  :D
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
Couldnt you pick up a 13 or 14 low mile challanger and add a procharger and other  improvements and end up with a faster/better car for quite a bit less $$$     plus the fun of doing it  :D

Still not a Hellcat.

I have other cars that I can fart around with.  I want something that drives perfectly stock and stomps on everything around it.  The TBSS is that vehicle now, but is getting long in the tooth.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08 2017, 05:18:16 PM »

There is a couple of guys in town with twin turbo SRT 7.2 liters.  One guy dynoed 1325hp at the rear wheel.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09 2017, 05:33:44 PM »
Yeah, a guy at Joes track at Napierville showed up with one with a ton of mods. Ran a 13.x. Hellokittys are the laughing stock in these parts.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline blown1

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • send em all back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09 2017, 06:13:37 PM »
 two of my  friends have them, one white, one gray.
 they love em!  but at 4200+ lbs, it NEEDS that much  HP to be fast,

they both said  not  a poor mans toy, as tags (in Kalif) and ins  are ballistic!

( owners are Neil Stewart, and Lou Czarnota) ( yes, THAT Lou!)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
Yeah, a guy at Joes track at Napierville showed up with one with a ton of mods. Ran a 13.x. Hellokittys are the laughing stock in these parts.

I could change that impression pretty easily.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10 2017, 09:29:05 AM »
No matter what car & power it makes if the driver has little to no experience it usually runs slow, but the same car with a Good driver can be putting other guys on the trailer. Just because they have the $$ to spend on 600+ HP cars I would bet most have little to no track days. Give Mike a half dozen weekends to sort out the car & you might have a new found respect for them. ;)

Don't get me wrong I Love my car & have had so many great weekends at the track but I would also enjoy a few track days with some of these newer high HP cars. The Tech & the Ride must be complete night & day from an 87.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
No matter what car & power it makes if the driver has little to no experience it usually runs slow, but the same car with a Good driver can be putting other guys on the trailer. Just because they have the $$ to spend on 600+ HP cars I would bet most have little to no track days. Give Mike a half dozen weekends to sort out the car & you might have a new found respect for them. ;)

Don't get me wrong I Love my car & have had so many great weekends at the track but I would also enjoy a few track days with some of these newer high HP cars. The Tech & the Ride must be complete night & day from an 87.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! 

FWIW, when we took the unproven TBSS on Drag Week last year there was a lot of shit talking that happened about its performance out of the box (mid-13s, slower 60' short times), over the course of 9 passes (nine passes) I tuned and drove the truck into the 11s and pulled 1.6 60's.  There was no redaction of earlier comments - but, the naysayers were silenced (I think it is still the 7th quickest/fast SBE AWD full weight truck in North America?).  Natasha's (effectively) stock LS1 Camaro smashed the confidence of many heads, cam, intake cars (and supercharged cars) with just a tune, exhaust, and gears.

The driver/owner is the difference.

So if you are telling me that I can slide into a 10 second car that has all the amenities that a modern car should have, a warranty, is safer, and just looks wicked - what would keep me from pursuing one?  The stigma of "buying" it? 99% if that is envy.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10 2017, 10:22:36 PM »
I say if you have the change and that's what tickles your fancy, then go for it!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal