Author Topic: Gen 2 help  (Read 6345 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 help
« Reply #15 on: May 22 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Chip will be a 5.5, 5.6 or 5.7. The 5.7 alky chip has 'aggressive' mode.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27 2017, 12:45:02 PM »
So Gen 2 works fine except when the Power goes off the Low Load Fuel setting (only at 1600 rpm) pulls max fuel of -63.5 The 1st time I did key off it was fine but after that this BS happens over & over? Anyways for now I'm going to snip the Gen 2 Power wire & stick a hot wire in the plug so it stays on all the time. I don't think having it turned on all the time will be an issue? My ECM is On at all times & together they both drain so little juice the battery should be fine. At some point I guess I need a new translator & a 6.1 which should round off to about $500 delivered. Oh Happy Days!  :icon_eyes:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28 2017, 03:54:55 PM »
Well now what a surprise! I haven't paid much attention to the car the last 3-4 years & looking at my Power Logger, Gen 2 & Eric's chip instructions he mailed me many years ago they are dated 08. I think I must have had this setup since 2010 for sure but anyways it's a 6.0 chip with wide band a/f correction. I vaguely remember sending him back a 5.? chip. Also have a Bob Bailey FT for PL from same time frame sitting here.
I guess my memory isn't that good when I'm not putting effort into something because until I took out the TT chip setting directions no way i would have guessed I had this 6.0 chip. Anyways, when I look at the chip & verify the numbers I'm going to start a fresh thread with some PL runs & see what tuning tips you guys can help me with. I took out some fuel today & I think I'm headed the right direction.  :cheers:

David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
You likely sent him the 5.x chip...and he reburned it to 6.0 to save you a few bucks. He woulda burned it for the combo you had then. There's a number on it...he keeps a file on every chip...and that will tell him what mods it was burned for. If you didn't change mods since 2008...then you're good. If you're unsure...conta ct him on the other board.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal