Author Topic: Crappy Tire Options MC  (Read 9301 times)

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
Crappy Tire Options MC
« on: August 30 2016, 06:05:19 PM »
Wow, where do I start.
Lets just say, IMO if your a loyal, hard working person that pays their bills on time and have never missed a payment or been arrears over the course of MANY years......... .CT credit thinks your just a POS!
I'll elaborate. I have been a card carrying customer for probably 20 years at least with CT. And NEVER have I missed a payment or had any issue of any sort with payments due.
A few weeks back I get a letter from CT Options stating that my card was no longer valid and was unusable. Here's the good part, I had a CREDIT.....yes a CREDIT of $27.xx to the positive. Due to the fact that I had not made a purchase with the card for some time, I now was going to be paying an administration fee of $10 and that my balance was now $17.xx
So, with that I called up to find out what the hell this is all about. The girl (and I'm being nice) on the other end basically tells me I'm SOL and because I'm not making purchases on that card for a period of time (even though they have $27 bucks of mine) the card is frozen and I will be billed that administrative fee EVERY MONTH.......ev entually owing them. This is what she told me would happen if I had not called in to investigate this matter.
I was dumbfounded to say the least, maybe I shouldn't have been, but this kind of customer service is pathetic!
Guys, if your a card holder in good standing with CT you mean nothing to them, again IMO.
The real twist is she had all my prior info right in front of her, CC history, timeline, the whole bit. But that played no role in the treatment I got. She was a snit! And no, I didn't yell and use abusive language in any way. I was left with the only option to tell her to cancel the card and send me the outstanding balance. She seemed more than happy to do this. I also sent an email to the complaints dept.........n othing!
They have lost a good customer FOR GOOD and I'll be letting everyone I know how they handled this matter.
Oh, and one last thing, just because I wasn't using their card DIDN'T mean I wasn't purchasing items with cash prior to this BS! Now, I never set foot in their store again!

« Last Edit: September 19 2017, 02:17:18 PM by gusszgs »
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Crappy Tire Options MC
« Reply #1 on: August 30 2016, 09:44:53 PM »
it would appear that they don't want your business any longer.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31 2016, 10:12:06 AM »
Sorry to see your situation.
I have to say they've treated us well, I roll pretty much everything thru the card. Gotten
tires for the GN, BBQ's on points. Supposedly I'm now in a priority service queue because of my "volume".
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline larrym

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
Crappy Tire Options MC
« Reply #3 on: August 31 2016, 10:22:04 AM »
Cambodian Tire......

Mobile larrym
86 white T type with t tops and blackout trim. 60lb injectors Gen 2 with Extender Chip TR6 ignition 212/206 roller cam Turbonetics BB CPT 61 CAS V4 Intercooler Cobbled together Alky Injection 4 inch MAF pipe with integral sensor
2800 stall lots of fun with a little 6 banger!
Best ET 11.36

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31 2016, 02:36:56 PM »
You must have got a real b@#ch!  They gave me 3 days grace which I really like, you can pay the balance off in full a few days after the due date with no penalties.  They also gave me a 7.9% rate with no extra charge, I always pay the card off in full anyway but it is the thought that counts.  Just recently they raised it to 11%, and I ask what the hell?  But it really doesn't affect me.

You're getting shafted!  Unless some stupid computer error has changed your records?  I find when talking to New Canadians, some have real bad attitudes and talk down to you.  I guess they don't know what customer means?

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31 2016, 06:59:31 PM »
You must have got a real b@#ch!  They gave me 3 days grace which I really like, you can pay the balance off in full a few days after the due date with no penalties.  They also gave me a 7.9% rate with no extra charge, I always pay the card off in full anyway but it is the thought that counts.  Just recently they raised it to 11%, and I ask what the hell?  But it really doesn't affect me.

You're getting shafted!  Unless some stupid computer error has changed your records?  I find when talking to New Canadians, some have real bad attitudes and talk down to you.  I guess they don't know what customer means?
[/quote

Nothing was compromised are far as my credit status goes. She had that info right in front of her I'm sure.
To me it's pretty black and white......... they simply don't want customers that they don't make (interest) money off. Their playing the odds, fine if your using the card a lot and paying, but they're banking on the fact that somewhere down the line e.g. Christmas that you'll bite off a little more than you can chew and not be able to make full payment.
And no, I don't feel I'm getting 'shafted' I just finished putting the card through the shredder. I'm happy to done with them after this. I just wanted to get across to folks that if their card is laying dormant for some time, and you have a credit of some sort with them, they'll find a way to get your money.
The money thing doesn't bother me neither. I'm not gonna get my nuts all up in a knot over $10. It's the whole way they handled the issue.......ag ain PATHETIC
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #6 on: August 31 2016, 07:55:02 PM »
Of course they're going to not like you, your a bad customer.
To a cc company.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
Of course they're going to not like you, your a bad customer.
To a cc company.

So true!  I use mine every month and pay bills with it so I get points.  Twice I bought new winter tires with the points and did not have to pay any cash.

I find to if people always keep a balance they will lower their interest rate because they are making cash off them.

That being said, I missed the IPO on Mastercard which rocketed to 800% in no time.  But I did buy Visa and the stock is doing very well.  It split 4:1 not to long ago.  Excellent stock to own, almost a must have!

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01 2016, 05:21:05 PM »
Twice I bought new winter tires with the points and did not have to pay any cash.
Love it! Make them work for you ftw.
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline howieyall

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19 2017, 01:54:45 AM »
Well, that's a long commitment with them. I haven't experienced that kind of trouble since I've been getting my truck wheels from an aftermarket site such as 4WheelOnline.

Offline turbobuickltd

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
Damn fine print!  I have used the CT card for years never an issue, lots of points and free stuff. 

Looks like the have us every which way when it comes to getting their pound of flesh.  Have a balance... pay them.  Have a credit... pay them, gotta love financial institutions, legalized extortion.

1987 Buick Regal Limited Turbo T
1991 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite
1992 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
2008 Ford F150 4.6L 2wd 'cause 4wd only gets you stuck further from the road!!!

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19 2017, 02:22:28 PM »
Over a year now since my original post regarding this CT CC BS.........hav en't stepped one foot in any location since. All they sell is crap IMO anyways, marked waaaay up then a big discount /sale to make it look good like your saving huge.
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20 2017, 02:59:08 AM »
THAT is how you boycott!
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!