Author Topic: The All About My Kids Thread (and other random things)...  (Read 46310 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The All About My Kids Thread (and other random things)...
« Reply #150 on: May 06 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
Probably going to put some 3M/Xpel film along the bottoms of the doors after it is wetsanded/buffed out in a week.  I already run Rally Armour mudflaps in the Winter.  And the plastic rocker covers are dull and textured from being sandblasted by road debris.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 06 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
The 3m stuff is supposed to be nice too

IhaveaV8

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21 2016, 09:12:07 PM »
Made a few changes with new black housing China headlamps (the quality is very suspect - especially when changing the PITA bulbs, and the very sketchy adjustment screw) from Amazon, some bright paint work on the bowtie, some of China's best chrome bezels (little hint when changing the grilles out: keep the oversized washers from the stock rivets for reinstalling) from RockAuto, and I made a brushed stainless mount for the SS emblem in the grille (a legit OEM rear hatch unit).
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21 2016, 10:45:38 PM »
It makes a hell of a difference after installing headlight bezels that are actually clear.  Like the SS badge too
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22 2016, 01:15:34 PM »
It makes a hell of a difference after installing headlight bezels that are actually clear.  Like the SS badge too

Thanks, and yeah I didn't realize how bad the headlamps were until post paint.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 25 2016, 09:11:51 PM »
Last night we took the TBSS and the girls to the local cruise night (and out for some A&W). We were greeted by a pair of old farts who almost refused us entry to the show. They insisted it was a "car show", and even after I pointed out the C4, C5, C6, and C7 Vettes (all stock), Hellcats (stock), new Mustangs (yup, stock), and 80s Z24s (yes, stock Z24s) they were still reluctant. Turns out they had no clue what they were looking at - it is the only one in town that we know of; but, it did generate a lot of interest once parked and the hood was popped. Short of some race cars I had the single most modified vehicle present.

Got stopped on the way out with some gent looking for a tuner. He almost shit himself when I told him I did my own tuning. LOL.

Nothing like leaving a cruise night at WOT with 3 pretty girls, insane blower whine and thundering exhaust. Minds blown.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 25 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
Nothing like making a first impression.. Those cats will be talking about you at the coffee shops for sure
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 14 2016, 04:52:24 PM »
Who buys a Martin Brodeur jersey off eBay when he should be shopping for a welding jacket? That's right, this guy!
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14 2016, 08:51:37 PM »
You could weld in it but I wouldn't recommend it. Plus it is a Brodeur  jersey.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 29 2016, 03:17:14 PM »
Gotta love a wife that picks up your steel order and gets your welding gas cylinder exchanged on her lunch hour.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 01 2016, 09:41:38 AM »
Poor Natasha had somebody nerf the rear bumper of her Colorado while she was away from the truck yesterday.  She came home looking like she was going to cry - and gave me the "fix it" eyes.  I just told her to find the touch-up paint and get a part number/cost for the step plate that mangled.  It is about $300 in repairs; too low to run through insurance ($1000 deductible) - FML.  I must say she is very motivated in resolving this.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 01 2016, 08:57:06 PM »
Life happens... It is what it is.  As long as no one is hurt
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01 2016, 09:06:13 PM »
This would be the first violation of her new truck? Always hurts. :(
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 02 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
Yup, first real issue other than a couple of stone chips.  I have the touch-up paint and will get to work on it tonight.  Natasha is one sad panda right now...
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 04 2016, 08:42:36 PM »
Post on the TBSS forum:

Blew Up My RPM Level 5 Today.

Now that I have your attention through a bit of pointless internet sensationalism - here is the run down of this RPM Transmissions 4L70E's short-lived existence:

1. The trans was purchased in Nov 2013 as part of a Black Friday sale (including a Coan converter), and arrived in Canada around Jan 14 - really easy purchase, was very pleased;
2. The trans sat in the corner untouched until Jan 16 - yup two full years;
3. The trans was installed Jan 16 (with a Yank converter), and following RPM's direction the transmission tables in the tune were returned effectively to stock - nothing outlandish in the tune;
4. From Jan to 8 Sep 16 the transmission worked great for approximately 3500 miles - daily driven and spirited blasts;
5. The trans survived 2500+ miles of our Drag Week campaign from 9-17 Sep 16 while racing and towing a heavy utility trailer (ironically carrying a spare 4L70E) - the truck was parked for a week;
6. The trans survived a day at a local drag strip on 24 Sep 16 - the truck was parked for another week; and
7. Today (4 Oct 16) The trans could not handle the demands of a casual drive to and from work when it decided that it did not require 3rd or 4th gear any longer while cruising down the highway.

A phone call to RPM Transmission resulted in them stating:

a. My tune was the problem - despite having not seen it (SD vs. Blended, pressure settings vs Delivered Torque, Force Motor DC, etc etc all must be the problem);
b. Faulty torque converter - because it must be magically failing to convert torque in 3rd and 4th - despite 1st, 2nd, and Reverse still working (drove it on and off the flat bed tow truck); and
c. You don't have a warranty anyway - feel free to ship it back at your cost, we'll go through it for $650, you should consider $500 in upgrades, and we'll return it to you at your cost.

I wasn't looking for special treatment (you race shit, if it breaks - fix it and carry on), yet one would like not to be called incompetent or incapable in the process of seeking a resolution for a transmission that couldn't last roughly 6000 miles. In short, my really expensive upgraded transmission could not survive the rigors of simply driving down the road.

I am now faced with the option of sending it back to RPM or buying another unit, having it repaired locally, source another built 4L70E in Canada, or maybe doing a 4L80E/RWD conversion? In the meantime, I suppose I am putting my 127,000 mile stock trans back in.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal