Author Topic: what yall think?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: what yall think?
« Reply #30 on: May 01 2006, 09:44:02 PM »
I just got this in an e-mail. :bigeyes;

Job Fair For Katrina Evacuees
      Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:53:04 -0400

This past weekend FEMA and the City of Austin , along with the Texas
Workforce Commission setup a job training/hiring/interview/job fair for
all the Katrina FEMA evacuees in the Austin area to be held at the ACC
campus on Webberville Road in East Austin . Several of the evacuees said
they had no transportation to get from the apartment complexes.
So the city of  Austin/FEMA/TWC set up transportation for each of them to
ensure they would be able to partake of the benefit of job searching. The
transportation consisted of nine buses and vans, to run from four
locations in Round Rock, and five locations in Austin, in continuing
shuttles back and forth to the campus to ensure that the hundreds of
people looking for jobs would be transported in comfort. The vehicles were
brought to their residences; drivers knocked on the doors; and every
effort was made.

At the end of the day, the nine vans and buses transported a total
                                  of one person.

Not one person per bus - one person total.

At the end of the day, none of the Katrina Evacuees applied for any
                                   of the jobs.

Not one person took employment - NONE total.

The bill to FEMA was $7800.

Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #31 on: May 01 2006, 11:18:48 PM »
If that is real and it very well could be....it's things like that that hurt and bother me.

For one, I took my 2k and moved to Vegas. I spent the final $50 or so dollars on a cheap steak and lobster dinner for two on the strip. To that point, thats the only money I blew. While setteling in I had bills to pay....spent my insurance money that was suppost to get my car fixed but that money went to notes, bills and insurance, they were all paid. I even paid off my credit card 'cause I'll be damned if I let Katrina fuck my life up AND my credit. FEMA sent me 2.3k more. I bought a cheap car. By this point I'm about to start working and I even gave the guy that let us live in his house for free some money. The rest of that 2.3k helped get me my current residence...he lped pay for about half. I bought a car AND got a job without help. There is no reason thoes indigents should get money. They lived poor as hell by choice and now after the hurricane there living high on the hog. In the meantime, my working ass can barley get by. Why aint my electric paid? Why cant I get free food? Why isnt my rent paid 100%?

When I tried to get state housing for free I was told that since I have a job I'm considered "on my feet". Thats bullshit! The saying "help thoes that help themselves" doesnt ring true for the government. It's like the government is investing in WorldCom....it's dead. The government is investing in people that will continue to drain the economy forever instead of trying to help someone like myself who, in the future, will return to being a productive member of society and help America flourish.

I got another 1k to help pay rent for two months. I blew that on the headers 'cause although I'm poor as hell, my bills are paid and I'm not hungry. I HAD to buy something for my car....and for myself. It kinda put a little wind in my sails.

The people that are in Austin were delivered there free of charge....thei r 2k still in their pockets. Thoes people also got the same 2.3k that I got. I'm working AND bought a car....well, it was stolen but still. Katrina was like a shot of steroids for the indigents. For me it's like a cancer that is eating my soul. My life is hell and it's showing. Look at how I fucked up at work....thats so out of character for me. I dont ever call in sick let alone a no call no show? Plus the depression that has taken my life over...I cant brag about not getting depressed anymore.

I'll try to post my "correspondence" page at FEMA. You'll see plenty of "denied, denied, denied".
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01 2006, 11:35:03 PM »
Like I said above, there isn't anything wrong with how you had spent your
money. Because they had delayed taking any action, you had found a way to handle matters yourself. I see whatever you have gotten, or may get as reimbursement.
But, not all of the survivors were like you. Some think it will be a never ending gravy train. That's not the idea at all.You have alot to be proud of. You're more
responsible than most.
Rob

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #33 on: May 02 2006, 04:07:02 AM »
Oh god yes, never ending gravy train. I cant wait to see how this all plays out in ten years.

What was this thread about anyways?  :rofl;
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02 2006, 01:02:59 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Tue May 02, 2006 3:07 am"
Oh god yes, never ending gravy train. I cant wait to see how this all plays out in ten years.

What was this thread about anyways?
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal