Author Topic: For The Dirt Bike Guys Out There  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
For The Dirt Bike Guys Out There
« on: September 15 2020, 07:20:54 PM »
I had a 250R a LONG time ago...and it was beyond stupid. I can only imagine what this one goes like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2o4OeZhsU
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Tim Hensley

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: For The Dirt Bike Guys Out There
« Reply #1 on: September 16 2020, 03:09:57 AM »
I love tricks and beyond stupid. Yamaha Banshee would have been way more fun with three wheels
Arizona GN109 forged rotating assembly
DLS 210-210
Champion irons
Extreme Auto stage II trans and converter

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16 2020, 09:23:25 AM »
2 strokes are way more fun than 4 strokes. Nothing more exhilarating than going through the gears on a 2 stroke 'on the pipe'.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16 2020, 10:32:03 AM »
You haven’t lived if you haven’t rode a yz490 or cr500. I’ve tried each one and it’s about all I could do to hang on!
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16 2020, 10:49:29 AM »
A CR 500 or YZ 465 are worth big money today. I raced in the 125 novice class as a teenager. Never did well enuf to move up to the 250 class.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16 2020, 11:30:05 AM »
I love tricks and beyond stupid. Yamaha Banshee would have been way more fun with three wheels

I was just going to say that! :cheers:  My RZ350 is a blast to ride.  It has power jets which gives it really good midrange, in 3rd or 4th if you squeeze the throttle just past 6000 rpm the bike just pulls and pulls like it has a small turbo.  It makes the 350 feel like a big cc bike and puts a smile on your face!

Offline v6sleeper

• Bone Stock
  • G-body guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
As a motocross guy throughout the 80s i rode dozens of dirt bikes , but i have to say by far the fastest most powerful one was the 87' kx500 is was an absolute animal, hang on for dear life, i think the cross bar came up one day so fast and smashed my helmet visor lol good ol days. i have to add a similar feeling was on the yamaha qt500 quadzilla 4 wheeler
87 GN- t-netics hpc,custom 3" dp, champion irons,stage 2 trans ,3021 9.5nl,poston headers ,Atr liquid intercooled, Hemco r plenum

87 Turbo T-  Borg warner,aluminum R-heads,husek trans,E85 Gn-ecu td 1.65 ptc 9.5nl
70 sport wagon 455 stage 1,Gessler alum heads
82 olds wagon Lc2 powered-sold

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
I've always heard the KX's made stupid power.  As a young teen I had a CR80 and most my buddy's had YZ80's.  One guy we knew had a KX80.  I looked up the HP of a KX500 and it said 63 hp which is what my stock RZ350 puts out but the KZ has much more torque and is lighter!  Now I want to ride one. :icon_lol:

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
You guys want big bore dirt bikes...and everything in between...look no further. Enjoy! 

https://www.youtube.com/c/KaplanCycles/videos

Offline v6sleeper

• Bone Stock
  • G-body guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05 2020, 11:04:42 AM »
I've always heard the KX's made stupid power.  As a young teen I had a CR80 and most my buddy's had YZ80's.  One guy we knew had a KX80.  I looked up the HP of a KX500 and it said 63 hp which is what my stock RZ350 puts out but the KZ has much more torque and is lighter!  Now I want to ride one. :icon_lol:
yea the Kx's always seemed to make more power, i rode an older cr480r,yz465/490 nothing came close, never rode an RZ, but the most fun was the 250 class manageable power it didnt kill ya by the end of the day, i probably couldnt ride a 2 stroke these days lol, i had a klr650 few years ago to cruise around got rid of it it was a dog for the highways.
87 GN- t-netics hpc,custom 3" dp, champion irons,stage 2 trans ,3021 9.5nl,poston headers ,Atr liquid intercooled, Hemco r plenum

87 Turbo T-  Borg warner,aluminum R-heads,husek trans,E85 Gn-ecu td 1.65 ptc 9.5nl
70 sport wagon 455 stage 1,Gessler alum heads
82 olds wagon Lc2 powered-sold

Offline Forzfed

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05 2020, 05:18:08 PM »
The RZ is an entry level 2 smoker but is fun as hell to ride!  My buddy had a RZ500 and it was a lot smoother pull than the 350.  The 350 would hit hard on the pipe.  I remember when I first got my 350, going through the gears it pulled the tires off the ground in the first 3 gears.  Maybe an inch off the ground in 3rd but still my impressive for a small bike.  And I use to have fun smacking down larger cruiser bikes like the V45 and a buddy's 650 Nighthawk. :icon_lol:

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14 2020, 02:33:55 AM »
I've been a Kawasaki guy most of the time. I used to ride an 86 KX-125 works replica (which I still have)
Had a Tecate 250 for a short time while My honda 250 was being rebuilt. (I learned Honda stands for: "Had One Never Did Again"
Had a CR480 (POS)The tecate was a blast. Rode a buddies Honda fourtrax 250R that was actually fun like the tecate.
Older two strokes were the best. A buddy bought a newer KX250 (last of the two strokes.) It had a lot of torque. it could easily
loop out when you launched it if you weren't careful, but the power band was low like a four stroke and a slug otherwise. My 125
would smoke it.
Rob

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14 2020, 08:51:07 AM »
I love the older 2 strokes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal