Author Topic: Heart Attack " Glad to be able to write this post  (Read 5266 times)

Offline TurboCajun

• Keith Theriot
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • 6 Packed
    • View Profile
Heart Attack " Glad to be able to write this post
« on: December 01 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
Hey PPl . on Nov 9 I had a heart attack and nearly lost my life. Here is the story - went to work on nov 9 a Monday morning, I was feeling pretty good, the only thing hurting me was my left shoulder felt like I had strained it from working on replacing the rear end on the GN so I didnt think much of it. while on my way to work the unconfortable feeling that I had in my shoulder was getting into my chest, I stayed at work until the feeling was into my neck area and was affecting my breathing. at  that point I decided to drive myself to the Hospital 20 miles away. Made it the the hospital and drove to the emergency lane but I decided not to park there because I didn't want my truck blocking a real emergency, so I tried to find my a place to park in the parking lot. WELL as I was looking for a place I caught my heart attack, truck in drive and my foot on the gas pedal, I am out. truck starts to race across the parking lot for about 300ft then I hit a concrete Light pole, it breaks in two and the truck continues on and crosses a road and onto another parking lot where it comes to a stop as both front tires are blown and the frame of the truck jams on a curb, gas pedal still pushed, the building next to me is part of the hospital " wellness center" . they heard the crash and started CPR right away until the ambulance showed up to take me to the ER. 100% blockage on left and 2 places of 80% on the right. I am getting better everyday. My reason for putting this on here is this.
I felt normal and  I thought that I was OK and healthy , get yourself checked out I have a second chance.  :rock:
85 GN -- Converted to 87 set-up using 66/72 turbo, front mount I/C, 80lb injectors,gn1 heads 14 bolt 1.65 roller rockers stud mount, ported intake with plate, fuel hot wire, 3" dp, running 24psi., alky kit, stroker 20 over, 212/206 roller,  best time 10.995 @ 121 1.56 60ft

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Heart Attack " Glad to be able to write this post
« Reply #1 on: December 01 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
Thank God for another chance, Keith!  Me and a lot of other people are glad you are still with us!   I guess your wife will just have to ship me all that etouffee and mud bugs that you can't eat now!

I know you are smart enuf to do what the docs tell you and I look forward to seeing you go well into the tens when your body is ups to it!  Anything I can do for you, let me know :)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
Glad you're still around!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
Holy fuck dude!!! Glad you're still here!!!
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01 2015, 07:54:18 PM »
Glad your doing well!  I've been working in a Hospital for the past 2 years and it has the number one Cardiac center in Canada.  OR15 is our big cardiac room.  They put alot of stints in for people.  I do the PM's on the weekends, hope I'm never laying on one of those tables.  Although I had to go in during a live operation and fix some equipment on New Years day.  Keep on beating! :cheers:

Offline xpander343

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
Glad your getting better,  it's amazing how quick sometimes like that stuff can happen.
87 Regal Limited

Offline TurboCajun

• Keith Theriot
  • Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • 6 Packed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
Thanks Guys. Steve I am doing what they tell me and my wife makes sure of that also, Crawfish etouffee is one of my favorites, it just will not taste the same without the spices. but I will manage and do what it takes to try and live a lil longer. I had been smoking cigs since I was fifteen and now its been over three weeks that I have quit. :rock: .  As for the car, I have put in the 9" and is working good so for except for the pinion seal leaking, and I have an electrical issue to work out. I am trying to have this resolved within the next two weeks because there are only three more sundays of test and tune at the track.
85 GN -- Converted to 87 set-up using 66/72 turbo, front mount I/C, 80lb injectors,gn1 heads 14 bolt 1.65 roller rockers stud mount, ported intake with plate, fuel hot wire, 3" dp, running 24psi., alky kit, stroker 20 over, 212/206 roller,  best time 10.995 @ 121 1.56 60ft

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
Sheesh!!! I was nervous just reading that story man. Glad you're ok!

Online nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
Take it easy man - get better soon.
IhaveaV8

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
One of my neighbors just went through this. Since it was Saturday and they don't do hearts, they refused to transfer him until Monday. :O After the whole family raised hell they finally shipped him to Waco and got things fixed. Glad both of you are still hanging in and if you don't want to ship the etouffee to Steve I'd be glad to have it sent this way. :rofl: I'm closer and it would give Steve a reason to leave the ranch for a change. :icon_fU:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
Good to hear you're on the mend. Sounds like you're on the "watch what you eat, throw the cigs away, and walk a mile a day" program. Best wishes!

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02 2015, 09:41:52 PM »
Glad you are okay, sounds like a hell of a ride.  My Grumps drove himself to the hospital while having a heart attack, checked himself in and said he thought he was choking on a piece of apple.  They said if he was choking he wouldn't be talking.  Tough fucker he was.

And I am not skipping cardio again tomorrow... this next run is in your honour.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05 2015, 02:48:40 PM »
Good to hear your OK. I was on cigs at 15 like you but been 7 years since I quit & trust me in 3+ months you will notice a Big Difference in taste & smell. I have a stent in my left groin main artery & was back yesterday but Doc says I can go another 6 months until the 2nd one goes in but that's
Way Different than at your Heart!! Again glad to hear your OK!  :rock:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
Glad to hear you are okay, that was close.  I haven't had a cigarette since '08.  I smoked 2-3 packs a day and drank 3-4 pots of black coffee for years...that was hard to quit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal