Author Topic: Calling B4black Aka, Charlief1!!!!! Helloooooo!!!!  (Read 12974 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Calling B4black Aka, Charlief1!!!!! Helloooooo!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 22 2011, 11:11:20 PM »
Quote from: "SuperSix @ Wed 22 Jun, 2011 19:56"
Overkill.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
Well it looks like everything didn't make it with the up grade. :013:  Pics are gone it seems. :068: I will give some teaser pics of the newly redesigned pics just so you know what I'm up to here. :icon_super:

New turbo is on the left and old one is on the right. The throat is 1/4" bigger than the stock one and the housing is 3/4" overall bigger. Just so you guys have an idea, I had to cut the botom of the intake to get to the ports better. It's not gutted but it flows so much better now. :D
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline tb3

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
lookin good!
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27 2011, 07:21:27 PM »
The stock turbine is very old technology Jesse. The T3 series of turbos was originally designed during WWII and they really didn't develope further until the last 20 or so years. It's extremely heavy to begin with and isn't that effecient at spooling the turbo. With a smaller wheel and a better AR rating you still get the same flow while spooling the turbo up faster.

I love these concise explanations, I try to file them away when I find them ( and partly cuz I can't remember sh*t anymore)

Are there parts from the Cheetah stage two's that are appealing to you hot air hackers?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27 2011, 07:34:11 PM »
LOL Looks like you've been keeping up with the turbo thread Dave. :icon_super: That's why I got the turbo guy involved. Reed started with the B4Black cars and has knowledge that none of us have. So far with the newly re-designed turbo it's basically a stage 2 upgrade for the 86-87 design. Now with that fact it can be upgraded to a draw through version of the TA 49. :icon_lol: The newly discovered thing is that there are 2 more upgrades that can be done beyond that. Using a TO4B 60-1 compressor moves more air and then you have the GT35 61.5 mm wheel which will move even more. This makes it very possible for a B4black car to make it into the 10's if everything works out and it's tuned right. :O Now I just have to hone my tuning skills a little more. :atbeer:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal