General > Bitch/Whine/Moan

Whole story

(1/4) > >>

ledzeppac:
well you already know I got his 'best' trans becuase I like to buy once...

Right from the get go the first time around it shifted exrtremely hard. Every shift felt like I was being rear ended. After a week it softened a bit. Drove it for a month and a half. I had no time to take it into him.
During that month it started to miss shifts and shift up and down repeatedly.

I went with my cousin to have them check it out again. And Art's assistant started givng me a bunch of sh*t. Saying that I ran the trans too hard and was doing burn outs. I politely said, "nope, not in my car. It has a knock issue and I don't even see boost." We both could tell he was not buying it so my cuz chimed in with, " he drives it like a Pussy." So I say PLEASE NO boost at all. In 10 different ways. 10 different languages, 10 different times, I even tried to do it in sign language for him.... Get the idea?

So we leave. I call 3 days later to check up and talk to Art. Art says the trans is in and it was a stuck valve that was causing all the trouble. But its not ready becuase they can't get it to shift at WOT above 4K RPMS. Calmely I said, "well thats because the engine doesnt turn higher than 4k because I need to change valve springs and I have a knick issue so stop what your doing."--Art, "oh......ok well the cars done them."

Pick it up and all seems fine. Shifts are not as hard but dont seem to be as tight. Shift 1-2 seems too fast and not the traditional GN 1-2 shift...

Now a couple weeks later... again missing shifts every once in a while. Holding in between gears not shifting. I know this is killing what little engine performance I have. I have to give it tons of gas to get the car going. I hope its not the engine it self.
I have a feeling Art is getting a little too old and his help blows.  The first time I have no idea how they could have let me drive home with the car like that.  3 miles away I was like," did they fucking test drive this?"  Unfortunatly its my only car and I need some time in advance to borrow family member's cars.

I will take it back to him when I get a chance. Unfortuantly football is starting and well no time at all.

I will add Art is a very nice guy.

87natty:
Is your TV cable set right? I've set mine up wrong before and that's exactly what it did.

SuperSix:
I should be buying a CK tranny pretty soon!   :supz:  :supz:

Be4u:
afew months ago I researched buying a tranny, ArtCarr had alot of bad stuff said about his trannies. I guess they used to be the shit a long time ago then the business changed hands. The only thing I'd buy from AC is a shift kit.

I dont get it, arnt you suppost to do burnouts at the track? I'd figure a 3K tranny would be built to handle the track. So what if you did burnouts!?!?!

ledzeppac:
There is an Art Carr tranns shop in texas that tookthe real Art Carr's name.  I got a real Art Carr trans.  He's from Hunington.

Yes they were supposed to be the shit at least up until a couple years ago.

I guess the non lu 9 inchers that he makes are bad ass

The trans I got was rated at 950HP.  My 60HP(no joke maximun 60 HP) killed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version