Author Topic: Is Earl still making front covers?  (Read 8557 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
Re: Is Earl still making front covers?
« Reply #30 on: June 28 2020, 10:19:05 AM »
Hey Earl, whats the actual plan for this cool beast? Driving in circles somewhere?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28 2020, 10:50:55 AM »
Oh god no.   'Racing' around in a circle makes as much sense and thinking a dog can win chasing its tail.

I'm going to put it on the street and clean out all the slim trailer park girls.   The prepnecks in their jacked up trucks on 20's (that's never seen mud) will be pissed.

I got a 3v mod engine in it now and GOOD GOD those stupid things are huge! I got it so high it almost hits the hood (removed the 'factory' air filter/ ram air box) and the pan still hangs 3" below the 'crossmember'.   Which is bad because the frame is only a few inches off the ground at rest.    And the front frame brace won't fit no matter what.

...and I've just about convinced myself to build a 351 for it and sell the Mustang engine/trans.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Tim Hensley

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28 2020, 12:44:29 PM »
So cool I vote 351. You going to put it on the street? My uncle had a 60 or 61 Pontiac numbers and all he drove on the street. It was a blast climbing in the window.
Arizona GN109 forged rotating assembly
DLS 210-210
Champion irons
Extreme Auto stage II trans and converter

Offline Tim Hensley

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
Whoops got sidetracked forgot why I cam here.
I just got a 87 turbo engine with about 50 k. Should I stash the front cover away it looks good.
Arizona GN109 forged rotating assembly
DLS 210-210
Champion irons
Extreme Auto stage II trans and converter

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #34 on: June 28 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
Yes
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28 2020, 05:02:02 PM »
Quote from: Tim Hensley
So cool I vote 351. You going to put it on the street? My uncle had a 60 or 61 Pontiac numbers and all he drove on the street. It was a blast climbing in the window.
The problem isn't the engine so much as the transmission.   The cost to put a strong manual behind a conventional engine is damn near (or possibly) more than I paid for the car.
   The reason I went with the mod motor was the modern trannys (not to be confused with Bruce Jenner).   If they would have used a SBC bell housing pattern on the mods, it's would already be running.    But what I've learned about Ford and how they do thing with their wiring, computer boxes, tunes, anti-theft, and whatknot..    I would have sucked it up and spent a fortune or just bought a weak ass T5.
   I've got a bunch of 460's I scored a year ago, but I don't think I can put that much weight on the front and sleep at night.
  It would be nice if I knew what each corner actually weighed minus all the ballast and shit.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28 2020, 05:02:32 PM »
Quote from: Tim Hensley
Whoops got sidetracked forgot why I cam here.
I just got a 87 turbo engine with about 50 k. Should I stash the front cover away it looks good.
Packrat all the parts that aren't made anymore.

(sorta like all my NOS covers)

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
Earl look at QuickTime bellhousings - they aren’t cheap but they have adapters for putting the Chevy style manuals behind ferds.
Something like https://www.holley.com/products/drivetrain/bellhousings/ford/parts/RM-6066

IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IhaveaV8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal