Author Topic: nocooler's firechicken thread  (Read 236412 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Reply #810 on: January 16 2020, 09:29:01 AM »
Get out and get racing. Hangin' out with the other racers is awesome. My buddy Steve with the turbo'd Hayabusa has his bike tore down...looks like the paint is stripped as well. Sent me a pic. I need to drop by and see what more cool guy stuff he's doing for it this year. As for my R1, it blew a fork seal the day I had it out. I took them out and had the seals and bushings changed. They're back in and it's ready to go. Gotta pick up a smaller front sprocket here in town. Gonna buy a new jacket and pants and gloves. I'm using my race shoes I used with the Buick. I'm geared for May 1st!
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #811 on: January 16 2020, 10:21:46 AM »
Turbo Time! Scoob!!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 16 2020, 11:23:02 AM »
Those days are over. Full race exhaust...poss ibly. That's as far as I'm taking it.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 16 2020, 11:26:06 AM »
Gloves! need those as well.

IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 16 2020, 12:06:25 PM »
Jeremy...order a weather station...you're gonna need it to keep it on its dial. The NA cars don't move around much on temp/humidity changes. But IC cars...oh boy!!! Scoob kept notes on what the car would do on temp/humidity changes...so he got good on keeping the dial close. He'd add/subtract high gear fuel from run to run and leave on the exact RPM each time. I'd see guys run on their exact dial...and I'd just shake my head.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 30 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
I got a builder to come out and give me a bid for my pole barn. Damn it ads up quick. Still waiting for the price on the 160 yards of fill and I need to call an electrician. The builder agreed that the way it zoned it's to tight to just build it, so I've called a local surveyor, so we can make sure our ducks are in a row with the township. Fingers crossed I can do a stand-alone building vs attaching it. I haven't looked at heating options yet, and I'm unsure how much heat I'll use. In-floor is nice but it's not an instant heat so it's great if you want to heat 24/7. If I just want to go out and work for a few hours here and there it's kind of overkill. Calculators say about 170,000btu for space - so I'm leaning toward a natural gas ceiling mount unit.
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 30 2020, 12:21:52 PM »
that's probably the best for quick heat especially if positioned where most needed.  In the floor would be really nice in the area where you are most likely to be laying on the floor!  LOL  Or standing, for that matter...cold feed do not encourage me to do anything
Steve Wood

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 06 2020, 12:34:50 PM »
Once again I'm finding out how much of a pain in the ass my favorite neighbor is. The person we contacted for site prep, fill, and finish dirt work is on the planning commission - said good luck getting it through while my neighbor is still alive. He said if I scale back the size it would be easier to get passed.
My hands are tied until I get it surveyed - then I'll know how much room I have. It's likely I could build a 24'w without a variance, but we will see.
IhaveaV8

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 06 2020, 02:51:07 PM »
I got a builder to come out and give me a bid for my pole barn. Damn it ads up quick. Still waiting for the price on the 160 yards of fill and I need to call an electrician. The builder agreed that the way it zoned it's to tight to just build it, so I've called a local surveyor, so we can make sure our ducks are in a row with the township. Fingers crossed I can do a stand-alone building vs attaching it. I haven't looked at heating options yet, and I'm unsure how much heat I'll use. In-floor is nice but it's not an instant heat so it's great if you want to heat 24/7. If I just want to go out and work for a few hours here and there it's kind of overkill. Calculators say about 170,000btu for space - so I'm leaning toward a natural gas ceiling mount unit.
Sounds nice!  Are you putting a hoist in?  Don't forget the bar and stripper pole in case Earl drops by! :cheers:

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 06 2020, 02:58:55 PM »
Hoist is the plan - I’m tired of jacking cars up. 
IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 06 2020, 08:20:35 PM »
It appears to me that you need to hoist your neighbor.....g et him arrested for putting cones in the road, or something
Steve Wood

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 30 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
Went to check on my car today. I planned on trying to fire it up, but my dad has the garage packed full of building supplies and he’s been cutting boards in there so it’s a mess. I turned around and walked back out. I guess I’m waiting until I can get it back here to work on it. As there isn’t space for me to do so. 
IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 07 2020, 03:44:33 PM »
I found this gem at a garage sale this past weekend.

After buying a new woodchipper that turned out to have a bad engine (crankcase full of water) - and having to get the regional manager of Tractor Supply involved in the return - I figured I'd take a chance on a used chipper.

My only complaint is that it only chips up to 2" diameter. With that being said it rips threw everything I've put through it. Damn thing starts with half a pull, 5.5 Tecumseh. Brush pile is gone and we have mulch for the flower beds - the wife is happy.
IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 25 2020, 05:33:02 AM »
I got some good news this week. The surveyors came out and marked the boundaries of my property. My neighbor with the Vette was surprised to see a stake in what we all thought was his front yard. Since nothing is square in our subdivision we didn't know where that point would fall, and it worked out in my favor!  We thought his house was off the property line by a good 15ft or so, nope it's pretty close to 5ft!
The wife and I strung it out and measured - after the zoning setback/offsets I have a strip just under 32ft wide that I can build on. Unless the survey says it's 33ft - I'm going to build a 30ft wide x 40ft long x 12' high pole barn/garage. I wanted 32ft wide but I don't think the extra 2ft is worth the hassle of a zoning variance. I'm just waiting on a copy of the survey and then I should be good to apply for a permit and wave middle fingers at anyone that bitches. I'll be calling builders next week to get some updated pricing.

IhaveaV8

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 25 2020, 09:08:14 AM »
That's great news! Get the rest of the neighborhood out there to provide a community double finger salute to the bastard!

Tell him he needs to get his house moved further from the property line...
Steve Wood

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal