Author Topic: AC Compressor  (Read 13433 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: AC Compressor
« Reply #15 on: June 12 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
I use Amazon and Rock Auto for lotsa stuff.  I pay for Amazon Prime and it ain't cheap, but I order a lot of stuff and the fast shipping is what I like...of course, not all of it, Prime or not, is fast.  gotta watch that.

Some times, Rock will ship from a couple of warehouses and charge freight on both...Summit does not seem to do that.

Shipping is part of running a business.  You can price it separately, or mark everything up which is fine but you lose a lot of potential business from guys that go low and then add shipping.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
When I do the rockauto, ill try different pieces into and out of the cart to see if I can force it to fewer shipping points. Then a google search for a 5% off code to get some off. Amazon isn't or hasn't been the cheapest lately for the stuff I have ordered. I've found the eBay has some better deals on stuff and a lot is free shipping. Some takes a while as it comes from Hong kong or even china proper.

One thing is for sure, brick m mortar is in trouble as getting stuff brought right to my door sure is great. The added bonus is no know nothing person to deal with behind the counter. All oil has zinc in it, ah, no it doesn't any more or at least not in the quantity I need for a flat tappet cam. Stay in your lane, the one behind the counter. Asking if it has ac or not. Sorry, swerved out of my lane. Haha
« Last Edit: June 12 2017, 05:48:17 PM by TexasT »
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12 2017, 05:59:27 PM »
I use Amazon and Rock Auto for lotsa stuff.  I pay for Amazon Prime and it ain't cheap, but I order a lot of stuff and the fast shipping is what I like...of course, not all of it, Prime or not, is fast.  gotta watch that.

Some times, Rock will ship from a couple of warehouses and charge freight on both...Summit does not seem to do that.

Shipping is part of running a business.  You can price it separately, or mark everything up which is fine but you lose a lot of potential business from guys that go low and then add shipping.

We use the hell out of our Amazon Prime for all the other things it has to offer like movies, shows, music, etc. 

I haven't really messed around with Rock Auto, my Dad uses it a lot though. 

Offline RightyTighty

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
I always used amazon till they started taking taxes. Now I'm back to ebay.
With Highwaystars, all I ordered was door gaskets and all the plastic clips they sell. Featherweights .
Glad I tested them out before I bought the heavier more expensive stuff.
Gbodyparts is price matching for me :). I've never had a problem with any vendor though.
We'll see how it goes.
When Steve and Lucy conceived
they created a shit talker
named him Bea4art

Offline RightyTighty

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13 2017, 01:05:16 PM »
After further review, while I may not agree with their shipping practices, HighwayStars has just sent me the most beautifully packaged package I have ever recieved. Overkill for what I ordered but definatly two thumbs up!
When Steve and Lucy conceived
they created a shit talker
named him Bea4art

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14 2017, 04:48:05 PM »
Off to old reliable gbodyparts I go. 

LOL  Good one.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14 2017, 04:54:55 PM »
Amazon and Summit both pop me for sales tax in GA so it's rare that I order from either of them.  Plus, I can't believe how bad Amazon's search motor sucks.  I can never find what I need there. Once I arrange by price all kinds of crap shows up that has nothing to do with my search string.

I can never get Rockautos shipping from one warehouse.   A few weeks ago I wanted to order two items in multiple quantities. One item was in warehouse ''A'' and the second items had 4 in ''B'', and the rest in ''A''.  For some reason they couldn't send me all of those from the one warehouse. I had to get the first 4 from the other shipping location then the rest from the original spot.  The extra shipping was more than the 4 small parts cost.

Needless to say I didn't place the order.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14 2017, 05:56:20 PM »
Considering how long the wiper blade list is I think there was only one that came from the same warehouse as my other parts today
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline gordyzx9r

• The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17 2017, 11:09:55 AM »
After further review, while I may not agree with their shipping practices, HighwayStars has just sent me the most beautifully packaged package I have ever recieved. Overkill for what I ordered but definatly two thumbs up!

I'm surprised to see someone still ship with peanuts...I hate those things, they get everywhere.  My box showed up quick...cold AC on the way.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #24 on: June 17 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
how are you flushing the system?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal