Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 6888 times)

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: November 12 2019, 08:33:40 PM »
Don't know what you guy's are talking about. My speedo only goes to like, 85. Evidently, a GNX is nearly twice as fast as mine.

I am going to take mine to Gateway, maybe Saturday. Their website shows they already have, I think, 3 turbo Buick's. If it sells, fine. If not, this building will be mine for at least another year.

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13 2019, 09:11:08 AM »
It's the boost gauge, the GNX is green under vacuum and orange under boost.  This one does not have the green and it is bright red under boost.

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13 2019, 11:23:06 AM »
Certainly, the easiest way to reduce the mileage would be to buy a new identical speedometer. Drive it for 39xx miles. Guessing, the oem GNX boost gauges became unavailable some time ago?

IMO, my boost gauge sucks big and loud. I would never trust it. I bought a Grainger valve with the goal of tuning for pump gas.

Online nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13 2019, 01:08:58 PM »
Wonder if it got a little wet in a hurricane and that's why some of the stuff is odd. For a $100k you'd think they'd have some legit documentation. 
IhaveaV8

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
Quote from: wmsonta
It is my understanding and experience, the original GT's could not be duplicated. Evidently, Goodyear never offered Eagle GT's with the white outlined letters. White lettered sure, not white outlined.

I have no opinion on the subject GNX. I have lived in Fla. I bought a roofing company 3 weeks after Andrew.

The under dash upholstery sagging and the discoloration on the glove box, I would attribute to the endless heat/humidity. The lower outside of the passenger seat, I can only attribute to wear. Seems a lot of wear. It would have to be a high number of short trips with a heavy person at the advertised mileage.

I do not trust pictures. Chances are the car would look different. If that is original paint, it has spent its life inside.

Your guess is as good as mine.
What about the boost guage ?? I am 99% I flew down to look at the car. Long time ago. And he was the original owner.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13 2019, 05:26:33 PM »
So Dan, what did you think when you looked at it?  Is it a real GNX?  It looks beat in the pictures.  It definitely does not look like a 3k car.

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
Some engine parts seem quite dirty, ACs been serviced and didn't bother to paint the drier black. Didn't bother to push the cap back on the battery terminal.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal